Witbier Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Just brewed up an AG batch of Belgian Witbier yesterday and fermentation is up and running. Only thing is, I forgot to add my coriander and orange peel (d'oh). I was thinking about adding them "dry" to the fermenter, but I don't want to risk introducing any new bacteria into my batch. Does anybody have any suggestions/experience with this?

Thanks!

:confused:

You can soak them in some vodka if you want and then pour the infusion along with the peel and seeds into the fermenter.

Interesting... how about boiling them in a small amount of water, cooling, then doing the same? In my recipe I planned to boil for 5 minutes before chilling anyway.

Thanks!

I'd probably go with a pint of 1.030-1.035 OG wort instead of pure water to boil them in to preserve the flavor profile (some things taste differently when boiled in pure water vs. wort), but the difference is probably minor. Either way should work.

Back