So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been brewing 11 litre (sorry, 3 gallon) batches because I can get though this quicker and make more batches in a year (more practice, more different styles etc.) It's just a matter of adjusting the recipes correctly, but you can't use pre-hopped kits or they are too bitter. I boil my own hops.

Holy crap that sounds good! Love to hear the results in 12 months or so..

Don't know what just happened, was quoting MarkO22.

That's weird. The quote it placed was from 2005 on a completely different thread.

Anyway, ordered 3 kits (Ipa/Red/stout) from NB for 20.16 and items for a mosaic smash. Just got done with a hard lemonaid, which will end up as a raspberry. Something will be brewed.

Had the day off today and brewed a small BIAB batch of Irish stout on the stovetop. Maris Otter, flaked barley, black barley, 1 oz. EKG at 60, pitched 1084. Yielded 2.75 gallons--right on for volume. I always plan for 70% efficiency, but my crush must have been better today, as I overshot OG (1.050, instead of 1.043). That's a little over 80% eff.

No brewing, but I will be
kegging a Belgian pale ale and dry hopping another pale ale with all New Zealand hops. I guess I can call it a NZPA.

Did 2 batched in one day for the first time. Made for a fun, but long day.

5 gallons of BM Orange Kolsch and 5 gallons of Left Hand Milk Stout Clone

As soon as I figure out a vegetable/fruit themed beer for my clubs next tasting I'll be brewing. I'm not sure what to do yet..

As soon as I figure out a vegetable/fruit themed beer for my clubs next tasting I'll be brewing. I'm not sure what to do yet..

I'm not a huge fruit guy at all, but I really like the flavor of tamarind. I just added it to a dubbel, but it's carbing now. I also made a sour rye with it, but that won't be done for a few months. The tamarind wheat I had was really good.

I might suggest a tamarind saison, use a lot of wheat and do a ferulic acid rest. Then use 3724 and some citrus hops.

Oh and I'm brewing two pale ales Friday. One with Columbus, the other with the ales for ALS hop.

I'm most likely going to use a wheat base, probably american and a clean yeast. I don't want too much yeast character unless I decide to make a banana bomb. Boy wouldn't that be an easy one!

Last edited:
Whipping up a little lager today.

6lbs 2 Row
3lbs Munich 10
6oz. Crystal 80

Mash 148f for 90min
Batch sparge, x2 to 8gal.

90min Boil
60min .5 oz Target
5min .5oz Nelson Sauvin
5min 1oz Cascade
1min 1oz Liberty

2l Starter WLP830 German Lager
Starter was started at 52f and over 48hrs dropped to 40f now is decanting at 33f

pitching at 40f headed to 50f for the primary.

Holy crap that sounds good! Love to hear the results in 12 months or so..

I will let you know how it came out...We were hoping to hit 1.115 and we got 1.107. came home from work yesterday and both fermentation buckets blew their lids. had to spend an hour cleaning and putting in blow off tubes. used a 5L. starter to get this going. when cleaning i pulled a sample and in 18 hrs it dropped from 1.107 to 1.074

Hoping to do another batch of Biermuncher's awesome Centennial Blonde this weekend. It's been too long.

I'm most likely going to use a wheat base, probably american and a clean yeast. I don't want too much yeast character unless I decide to make a banana bomb. Boy wouldn't that be an easy one!

One of my favorite fruit beers I have done to date was an American Raspberry Wheat. Can PM you the recipe if interested

Planning my maiden 5 gal extract brew of either Caribou Slobber Brown Ale or Irish Stout this weekend. Leaning towards running the ale first most likely.

Busy busy weekend. Pale Mild on Friday after work. On Saturday, bottle Belgian Blonde, Kitchen Sink Tripel, and Kölsch (will be hitting the Kölsch with gelatin tonight), and do an initial skim of the Pale Mild. Sunday, brew Oat Dark Mild and Bramling Cross Best Bitter, top cropped from the Pale Mild.

Brewed 2.5 more gallons of a winter warmer with my brew-bro at his place Sunday night. I think I finally got him to where he will want to brew again as soon as this batch is done!

:D

Temps in the 20s and feet of snow coming down, so I am going to do a couple of one gallon smash's with some MO malt I have.

Made a starter this morning. Doing a 2 hearted clone 10 gal batch. Splitting it in half and using 1272 from my starter in one bucket and 1056 yeast cake from a rye pa for the other half. 2nd all grain brew, 1st 10 gal batch.

Yellow Rose clone. Pilsner/Mosaic.
Hb mango hard Lemonaid for support.

That is a great beer. I haven't made a clone, but I'm making a series of single hop IPA using it as inspiration (pilsner malt with a touch of acidulated, then a little Belgian sugar).

I want to brew this weekend so bad, but I already have so many in the pipeline I can't seem to justify spending more money before I get some of these beers drank.

That is a great beer. I haven't made a clone, but I'm making a series of single hop IPA using it as inspiration (pilsner malt with a touch of acidulated, then a little Belgian sugar).

Ya, hear great things! Maybe, I should do the 3 mile pilgrimage and have one first. Ha!

So yesterday while everyone else was raiding the grocery stores for milk, eggs, bread, and beer for the extreme snow and ice event scheduled for the east coast I was raiding the LHBS for an unscheduled weekend Brew day in case we get stranded. Got supplies for my Gazacca IPA and Yooper's Oatmeal Stout. Not decided on which one, so got both. My IPA is almost kicked, so maybe that one. (Assuming we don't lose power!:eek:)

I want to brew this weekend so bad, but I already have so many in the pipeline I can't seem to justify spending more money before I get some of these beers drank.
Do you have room on your couch? I'm not busy this weekend. :D

I picked up the makings for another batch of Biermuncher's Centennial Blonde, can't wait to brew it up!

After a two month brewing hiatus thanks to a crazy work schedule, the holidays and a gout diagnosis that cut me down to only a couple of beers a week, leading me to give away a lot of my beer stocks to friends and coworkers, I will be brewing a Bourbon Barrel Porter kit that I received for Christmas and marking my 2-year brewing anniversary. A high temperature is forecast in the mid 20's F (AKA: Minnesota sunbathing weather). It'll be nice to get back in the game again...

Latest posts

Back