quick carb

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wiggy

Reaction score
besides kegging, is there anyway to get beer to carbonate quicker than the usual 2+ weeks, such as warmer temps or maybe extra priming sugar, or some other trick?

Just going to quote the master on this one.

Sorry you can't "rush" a natural process...It takes three weeks because that's how long the yeasties need to do their jobs.

You may be lucky and it'll be ready in 2...but you can't jumpstart it...

You're not making koolaid here.:D

Remember, it's not just carbonation that is happenning, it is also bottle conditioning as well....getting rid of the green taste...read this;

http://homebrewtalk.com/showpost.php?p=558191&postcount=101

You're not the first one to ask this..I'll just direct you to the advice you're going to get from others...

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?p=704803

If you're introducing homebrew to non homebrewers...buy good beer instead of giving them green beer, else they will think either you suck or that homebrew sucks and they're better off sticking to their precious BMC.

Thanks Kevin!!!! Saved me a few keystrokes!

:mug:

(I keep meaning to ask are you a coastie, I can't tell by the pic, but isn't that Coast Guard Orange on that chooper?)

Nope, I just saw that K-MAX parked out at Redlands Municipal Airport while flying a much smaller heli (Robinson R-22). That beast is from a logging/firefighting/construction lifting company out of Oregon I believe. I think the color was more reddish orange.

Nope, I just saw that K-MAX parked out at Redlands Municipal Airport while flying a much smaller heli (Robinson R-22). That beast is from a logging/firefighting/construction lifting company out of Oregon I believe. I think the color was more reddish orange.

I worked a couple of those last summer while controlling traffic at a Temporary Air Traffic Control Tower in Joseph, Oregon. They were working the Battle Creek Complex (fire).

I'll post some pics when I can figure out what site to use to link to pics here.

Anyway, it's a super strong copter and doesn't need a tail rotor due to the counter-rotating rotars.

Watching those all day while sitting at the base of the Wallowa Mountains was the best week of work I've ever had.

Not to mention the fact that Terminal Gravity brewing is just down the road in Enterprise, Oregon. You sit at picnic tables on the lawn of their brewpub (which is an old house) and a cool little creek runs through the yard. All the while you are sipping on a T.G. Barleywine. It just doesn't get much better than that.

wow, i never even noticed the counter-rotating rotors. that chopper is a beast. huge window panels.

ya wiggy, you're better off just waiting. there's not really a way around it that i'm aware of. patience is difficult, especially once they're bottled, but it's worth it and you'll pay for it learning the hard way otherwise.

i was given good advice to try a beer conditioning at weekly intervals- week 1, 2, and finally 3. just chill it in the fridge a day or two, write some notes down, and mark the progress.

thats what i figured you all would say, i asked because im having a homebrew party this weekend and three of the a-holes bringing beer waited too long to start their brews and now i only have 2 batches for tasting. im so pissed off, its going to be totaly lame now. i know how long it takes and i wouldnt want to rush it but im getting jammed. i was hoping for some magic trick that i never heard of. then one of the db's said we could just buy some beer.

If you keg, put under pressure and shake away, drinkable beer in a matter of minutes, if you bottle, I think you're out of luck.

only solution = go buy a keg, rack it in and put it at about 30 PSI. roll the hell out of it for 15 minutes, let off the pressure and kazam! you have carbonated beer!

Back