DC Area Group Buy #11

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's time for some Light Munich, guys. I'll get it started:

20# WEY1017 Weyermann® Light Munich 25 Kg (55 Lb.)

I saw this one coming. Added.

I will up mines to #15 of the caramel 60L and close the split

From the spreadsheet: There's 20# to go on the C60. An extra 5# won't close it...

On the other hand, you asked for Munich earlier but we haven't heard back from you as to what kind/type. Robfar just started a Light Munich split (see above). Would that work for you? How much of it?

I saw this one coming. Added.

From the spreadsheet: There's 20# to go on the C60. An extra 5# won't close it...

On the other hand, you asked for Munich earlier but we haven't heard back from you as to what kind/type. Robfar just started a Light Munich split (see above). Would that work for you? How much of it?

Well I will close the 60L split and do 15#of the munich

Happy Holidays,

I'd like to put in an order for the following:
50 lbs Rahr Standard 2 row RAH 1002
25 lbs Rahr Premium Pilsner RAH 1005 (if interest exists)
20 lbs Rahr Red Wheat RAH 1009 (if interest exists)
15 lbs Weyermann Vienna WEY 1016 (will close that split)
15 lbs Weyermann Light Munich 1017 (if there is interest to start another bag)

As this is my first order please let me know if you need anything else for me at this time.

Prost,
Michael

Happy Holidays,

I'd like to put in an order for the following:
50 lbs Rahr Standard 2 row RAH 1002
25 lbs Rahr Premium Pilsner RAH 1005 (if interest exists)
20 lbs Rahr Red Wheat RAH 1009 (if interest exists)
15 lbs Weyermann Vienna WEY 1016 (will close that split)
15 lbs Weyermann Light Munich 1017 (if there is interest to start another bag)

As this is my first order please let me know if you need anything else for me at this time.

Prost,
Michael

Welcome to the buy.
Please PM me your email addy, the one you check often, and a back up addy if you have one, in case we need to get in touch with you. It goes on the info tab.

I've added all your requests, except for the split of Rahr Pilsner. If you can find someone to split a sack with, buy the whole sack and split it privately. Otherwise it's great malt, I'm sure you'd find a use for all of it. Grain will keep for 2 years at least, if stored properly (dry, and cool, out of direct sunlight).

I just sent you my email addresses and will take the entire Pils unless someone wants to email me privately I which case I'd be happy to split offline.
Prost!

Can anyone clarify the difference between Melanoiden and Carapils? It's seems like they are used for adding body and head retention but Melanoiden is 20L and Carapils 2L.

Can anyone clarify the difference between Melanoiden and Carapils? It's seems like they are used for adding body and head retention but Melanoiden is 20L and Carapils 2L.

Big difference.

Carapils/Carafoam is a dextrin malt, unfermentable by Saccharomyces. It only adds body, no aroma or flavor, and very little color.

Melanoiden Malt is very flavorful and aromatic. Besides for adding color (30-40L) it mimics the flavors produced during decoction mashing without going through the rigmarole. Sort of like a super Munich Malt, except melanoiden has no diastiatic power of its own. It's very useful in many recipes.

Both need to be mashed.

:off:

I have 2 5 gallon and 1 6.5 gallon glass carboys for sale. Make me a reasonable offer and they are yours...

Hope everyone had an awesome holiday and hope that you have a safe and pleasant new year!

Tony

:off:

I have 2 5 gallon and 1 6.5 gallon glass carboys for sale. Make me a reasonable offer and they are yours...

Hope everyone had an awesome holiday and hope that you have a safe and pleasant new year!

Tony

Hope your Christmas holidays were good too.

I'm interested. pm sent.

decided to brew today... and i pitched my heff yeast into the saison (4 OZ citra in the last 5)....thankfully i caught it half way though the chill...but thats gonna be a messed up heffe!

It's been a little while since we've had some order activity in the thread so I thought I'd repost the open splits in order of closest to close. Come on everyone, you know you need a heap of Special B and a mound of caramel.:D

Code:
Grain Type				SKU	For Grabs (lbs)	Split Originator

Simpsons Golden Promise 25 kg (55 lb)	SIM1002	25		hannibalmdq
Rahr Red Wheat 50 lb			RAH1009	30		4minmile
Château Special B® 25 Kg (55 Lb.)	CAS1034	35		emyers
Briess 2-Row Chocolate 50 lb		BRI1057	35		hannibalmdq
Briess 2-Row Caramel 40L 50 lb		BRI1035	35		hannibalmdq
Briess 2-Row Caramel 80L 50 lb		BRI1037	35		hannibalmdq
Briess 2-Row Carapils® 50 lb		BRI1022	40		hannibalmdq
Weyermann® Light Munich 25 Kg (55 Lb.)	WEY1017	40		4minmile
Weyermann® CaraFoam® 25 Kg (55 Lb.)	WEY1056	45		AfroHopster
Weyermann® Melanoidin 25 Kg (55 Lb.)	WEY1019	45		AfroHopster

Still available? Interested in the 5's (probably just one).

Happy 2015 everyone!

Yep...thinking I may keep one carboy for long term (read mead) fermenting/storage, but at least 2 gotta go. Cleaning out the basement and gotta get stuff to a new home., so says SWMBO! My oldest son started brewing last month, so what I don't sell I will likely give to him. He's not doing AG yet, but it is only a matter of time...

Welcome back! Hope you had a restful holiday!

Back to the buy....only 9 sacks so far!

Hello Lads!

I hope everyone is doing well. I am pretty well stocked up but I brewed a "Chocolate" Smoked Porter on Friday using up the little bit of chocolate I had left so if you can put me down for a whopping 5lbs of Briess 2-Row Chocolate that would be great.

I also brewed a "Pliny the Elder" clone, man did I use up some hops!!!

Hello Lads!

I hope everyone is doing well. I am pretty well stocked up but I brewed a "Chocolate" Smoked Porter on Friday using up the little bit of chocolate I had left so if you can put me down for a whopping 5lbs of Briess 2-Row Chocolate that would be great.

I also brewed a "Pliny the Elder" clone, man did I use up some hops!!!

Added.

How did you filter the wort with all those hops?

Getting into AG and want to grow some hops this year. You guys ever pickup rhizomes?

I am actually going to buy a few this year. And my father expressed interest and asked me to pick him up an assortment of rhizomes (he will give me the hops so why not?) I am going to have to look into the specifics. I tend to kill plants that I try to keep alive.

As soon as I can clear space/organize my garage I will see what I need and add a couple sacks.

for folks looking for rhizomes: i will be pulling up a 3/4 year old Santiam plant before spring. it's a great grower and strong producer. it's well adapted to this region and is considered a substitute for Tettnanger and Spalt. because of it's age/size, i can provide at least a half-dozen folks with a rhizome should there be interest. depending on timing i'll bring it to either this buy or the next - TBD.

I am actually going to buy a few this year. And my father expressed interest and asked me to pick him up an assortment of rhizomes (he will give me the hops so why not?) I am going to have to look into the specifics. I tend to kill plants that I try to keep alive.

As soon as I can clear space/organize my garage I will see what I need and add a couple sacks.

Sounds good. I need to do some reading and confirm what I need, where to plant, etc. Please just send a PM and I'll throw down on this.

for folks looking for rhizomes: i will be pulling up a 3/4 year old Santiam plant before spring. it's a great grower and strong producer. it's well adapted to this region and is considered a substitute for Tettnanger and Spalt. because of it's age/size, i can provide at least a half-dozen folks with a rhizome should there be interest. depending on timing i'll bring it to either this buy or the next - TBD.

Even better. If they're suited to this climate that would be great.

I haven't heard from stonebrewer with the price list of anything... can anyone else forward me the list?

I haven't heard from stonebrewer with the price list of anything... can anyone else forward me the list?

I haven't either, and this buy was the thing that finally made me open a pay pal account.

The vetting process might be lengthier than we thought.

I've sent both of you PMs, I can set you up.

Make sure to link your bank account with PayPal, or if you don't like that, transfer enough money into your PayPal account a week before you pay us. Otherwise you cannot use Friends and Family (free transactions).

I've got 3rd year centennial plants that have outgrown the bin they're in. I can cut some rhizomes for anyone that wants some this year.
is the centennial a good grower? do you have other plants against which you can compare its production?

i have a centennial and its performance is less than stellar. consistently my lowest output plant. the cascade that is planted 4 feet away is twice as productive in terms of total bine growth and harvest. i'm considering replacing it... maybe your centennial does better?

Actually I don't really know. I'm out of town a good bit and don't water it or care for it at all. I picked a few oz from it this summer but the plant was very dry and had mostly died.

Does anyone have a used mill for sale? I'd like to start buying bulk grains, but don't have a way to grind 'em.

I'm new to the group buy and will order this next round. I was just talking about growing hops this year, and saw the discussion about rhizomes. I would love to get some of whatever variety anybody has to offer!

I'm new to the group buy and will order this next round. I was just talking about growing hops this year, and saw the discussion about rhizomes. I would love to get some of whatever variety anybody has to offer!

Welcome to our small group buy effort. Just a heads-up...
I don't see this buy (#11) closing any time soon (as some of us already predicted over a month ago). March maybe in the books, but it all depends on the volume participants are ordering. After that, it maybe another 2-3 months for buy #12 to finalize. Spring and Fall are the biggest brew seasons apparently.

We're at 20 sacks currently, 10 of which are contingent on splits that aren't even half filled yet. It's the new year, let's get brewing, ladies and gentlemen!

I would like:
(full sack) Rahr Standard 2-Row 50 lb
(20#) Weyermann® Light Munich 25 Kg (55 Lb.)
(10#) Briess 2-Row Carapils® 50 lb
(25#) Simpsons Golden Promise 25 kg (55 lb)
(25# new split) Weyermann® Beechwood Smoked 25 Kg (55 Lb.)
Please and thanks!

I would like:
(full sack) Rahr Standard 2-Row 50 lb
(20#) Weyermann® Light Munich 25 Kg (55 Lb.)
(10#) Briess 2-Row Carapils® 50 lb
(25#) Simpsons Golden Promise 25 kg (55 lb)
(25# new split) Weyermann® Beechwood Smoked 25 Kg (55 Lb.)
Please and thanks!

All added.
Thanks for giving it another jump start.

Hi there, first-time buyer here. Please put me down for the following:

Two (2) full sacks of Chateau Pilsen 2-row
One (1) full sack of Weyermann Vienna
One (1) full sack of Rahr White Wheat

Thanks!

Back