Houston Brew shops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoxerDog

Reaction score
Can any of your Houstonians please list brew shops that are located in Houston?

I know theres the Brew Shop .....didnt have much.

Delflacos

what else is there?

The happy homebrewer.....I think thats the name of it.(Kemah)
I dont have any close to me I always end up driving to defalco's or ordering by mail. I dont care for the brewstop.

DeFalco's is a great shop, IMHO. They're very helpful and seem to carry everything under the sun.

Ya I like Defalco's.....They are always helpful, Thats where I buy all of my stuff now.

As Dark Ale knows, I was very dissapointed in the Brew Stop, didnt have much and the service was kinda.....well interesting.

the one i go to is on kuykendahl. i think it is called the brew stop. is this the same one? the guy that owns it is a goofy guy, but i went by there the other night, and started talking to him. he was a nice guy.

schmendeler said:
the one i go to is on kuykendahl. i think it is called the brew stop. is this the same one? the guy that owns it is a goofy guy, but i went by there the other night, and started talking to him. he was a nice guy.

I went in there the other day and he acted very odd to the people in store, started slamming things around, kicking the back door open. Some guy was asking questions and he sort of got angry at him for really no reason.

He didnt have much in stock in terms of equipment, he was out of airlocks and stoppers for car boys.

I use canned extracts and what was there was very limited.

I just got back from Defalcos off stella link and wow what a different store. They had everything in stock that I needed. I wish I went there the first time. They have my buisness from now on.

Also found this place but I havent been there. Its off 45

http://www.brew-it-yourself.com/index.php

Ya, I hate to slam someone but he's gonna run off all his customers. Mabe he ran out of homebrew?

I've been to Brew it Yourself a couple of times...it's off of 45 up near The Woodlands...

I've generally had good experiences there...I'm still very much a newbie to this hobby and the guy that owns/works there has always been very helpful and friendly.

I can't comment on the selection of equipment/ingredients though because I never knew what I was looking for and he generally just handed me something and said something along the lines of "this is what you need..."

Cheers,

Matt

I know this thread is a couple years old, but I just found it.

The Brew Stop is no longer in business.
The owner had... some medical issues... and the medicine he was on caused him to act in this bizarre behavior.

He was a decent guy though.

In the Woodlands there is the Brew It Yourself store ran by Ray.
Good guy, very very dry sense of humor.
Some people can be put off by that.
He also seems a bit shy and doesn't really "sale" you.
However, if you have specific questions he will give you a good answer.

His shop is pretty spartan though.

I was looking for this place the other day when I was out to see my Dad. I don't think it is around anymore. I did hear that a new beer brewing shop is opening in town - I have heard (more than once) both the Heights and Montrose. Anyone else know any specifics

Back