First Peach Wheat attempt.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohill1981

Reaction score
I was wanting to try an Easy drinking Peach Wheat Beer. Here it my recipe so far... Opinions please.

All Grain

6lb American Two Row .
4lb Wheat Malt.
1 oz. hallertau 60min
1 oz Amarillo 30min
1 oz Amarillo 10 min

I want to add real peaches to the brew i am unsure how much to give a noticible peach flavor with out over powering it . I am also undecided on a yeast. I was considering a California style White Labs or something... Any suggestions on this ?

While, I am by no means an expert on fruit beers, some thoughts:

Maybe drop the Amarillo hops. I consider Amarillo a strongly flavored hop, and adding at as aroma and flavor might conflict/muddle the peach. Or it's citrus might go really well. For a first attempt, I'd skip them.

I would use WLP001, as you want a clean fermentation.
For both of the fruit beers I've done, I added fruit puree to the secondary & racked on top of it. When I got the flavor I wanted, I kegged it.

I Look at it this way, as far as I know wheat beers are suppose to have little to no hop bitterness or flavoring. So that might be something to think about. As for the peach I would add it to the secondary when racking to get the most out of the peach flavoring as gxm had said.

Did you brew this yet? Curious to hear your thoughts as I am thinking about a peach wheat as well.

Back