Brewing sculptures or towers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

telebrewer

Reaction score
Where can I buy or make a brewing sculpture/tower for gravity fed all grain brewing without costing an arm and a leg? I have three standard kegs ready to go. I have one burner and just need to buy one more.

I wanted to make one, but haven't found any reasonable plans. I'm at the point now, that I just want to start all grain brewing. Instead of wasting time.

Any ideas would be welcome...

You won't find a pre-built sculpture that doesn't cost a small fortune. You should check out this thread. It quite a wide range of sculptures, some built out of simple shelving.

Don't know what you consider a fortune but;

I bought a couple of folding metal scaffolds at home depot for $99 each.

I put the HLT(s) on the top rung of the 1st scaffold, run a couple of 1x8's between the 1st and 2nd scaffolds at mid level where the MLT(s) sits.

On the bottom rung of the 2nd scaffold is where the boil pot(s) sits. Which is just high enough to fill a cornie keg(s), plastic bucket(s) or 5 - 6.5 gal carboy(s), gravity flow start to finish.

I brew 10 gal in a single batch but this setup would allow me to double the HLT's, MLT's and Boil pot's going at any one point in time.

The down side is it takes up more room in operation than a brew sculpture, the upside is it's expandable, it folds up and takes up much less room in storage, cost less than a brew sculpture and can be used for other purposes (such as painting) which makes it easily justifable to a signifigant other.

:mug:

Back