MLB Playoffs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike M

Reaction score
Predictions anyone?
NL

My Phillies in 5 (yep they're mine :p )

Cardinals in 5

AL

Yankees in 3

Red Sox in 5

Go Phils!!!!!!!!!!!!! (from a soon to be drunk and rambling man waiting for the first game on mlb.tv over in Germany)

As always you wonder if anyone OUTSIDE of NY likes the dams yanks.. I think there's more people that hate 'em than that love 'em :D

As long as sox and yankees lose then im happy. :D

:rockin::rockin::rockin:

Im still pouting over the fact that the Braves didnt make it. We looked so good up until 9/29...then :drunk::drunk::drunk:

I would like to see the Rockies win it though. I did see the Braves beat them out in Colorado this summer.

I am a small fan of baseball. Meaning I probably watch one or two games per week during the regular season. More in September.

But I love the post-season!! So I am happy today and looking forward to the next few weeks.

One thing I am not happy about is the fact that TBS is broadcasting games. The thing I hate the most about it is the commercials. Get ready to watch about 200 Meet the Tyler Perrys commercials per game. TBS shows SUCK and I do not want to see these stupid commercials. Last year it was Frank TV and by the time the series was over I had vowed to never ever watch that show. And I kept that promise.

(I had this posted in a new thread over in general discussion which I deleted. )

Yes, Go Phils.

One thing I am not happy about is the fact that TBS is broadcasting games. The thing I hate the most about it is the commercials. Get ready to watch about 200 Meet the Tyler Perrys commercials per game. TBS shows SUCK and I do not want to see these stupid commercials. Last year it was Frank TV and by the time the series was over I had vowed to never ever watch that show. And I kept that promise.

Yes, Go Phils.

The (so far) glory of being in Germany watching this is: No commercials.

The downside: No pre/postgame interviews. And a crappy internet connection in the hotel bar makes for less than top-quality broadcast

(bring on the mlb.tv flamers :)

I painfully remember a playoff series from two years ago, so I think it's time to run the Rockies back to Denver and let them drink their own good beer for a few months...

aledawg

In the past few years, as a Mets fan, I was pretty down at this point of the season. I've already gone through that phase back in July.

I honestly don't know who I want to take it this year. Nothing against you guys or their fans, but I certainly don't want Philly taking it.

I think I'd want to see the Cards take the National League and the Sox take the AL. Although last night's game made me an adopted Twins fan too.

I guess I'm just looking forward to enjoying some postseason ball.

For anyone with an iPhone and MLB At Bat, you can watch all of the games. They can't show the broadcast, but you can watch all of their feeds, 8 separate camera angles. Right now, I'm in my office, enjoying the centerfield view of the Rockies/Phils game.

Woot productivity!!

even though we were 0-7 against NY, you gotta admit the Twins are playing some good ball right now.

Then again drinking champagne all night last night probably won't help their chances today - although CC and Arod always suck it up in the playoffs.

The (so far) glory of being in Germany watching this is: No commercials.

The downside: No pre/postgame interviews. And a crappy internet connection in the hotel bar makes for less than top-quality broadcast

(bring on the mlb.tv flamers :)

I painfully remember a playoff series from two years ago, so I think it's time to run the Rockies back to Denver and let them drink their own good beer for a few months...

aledawg

My vote for most annoying commercial by the end of the series - The My touch with the former SNL people and the song by Yusef Islam. I want to free of that annoying ditty. (Sorry, horrible joke. . . just horrible)

So it turns out that TBS is making me a liar. They must have gotten the word last year because they are not showing the same commercials ad nauseum. Cool.

Plus the Phils are kicking butte and I am loving it.

I am also loving my nice Kelly R.IPA in the afternoon.

Edit: I also like the "Pitch Trax" box.

I would like to see Rockies V Twins in the series. Being a Brewer fan, I don't want the Cards to do anything. And any true baseball fan hates the Yankees and Red Sox just on principle.

But I'm sure it won't turn out the way I want....

It's going to be either the Phillies or Cardinals that take it all. Pitching always wins in the post season.

as a tribe fan, i'd like to see lee vs sabathia in the series. trade back to back cy young winners.... :confused:

I hate Manny Ramirez. I really do not judge based on appearances very often but he looks like he smells like feet.

I just want to see the Yankees crash and burn!

I would love to see Yanks vs Dodgers tho and Torre get some payback!

Torre didn't produce at the end of his tenure. That's professional sports. Sure amybe mangament didn't help, but its just like a CEO who doesn't make money. Did Ilie Torre? Sure, but business is business. And in temrs of "payback" he got "payback" with a huge book deal.

I feel you either love the Yanks or hate them. I am a fan to the end.

RED SOX, WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION?

kevin-youkilis.jpg

AL
Yankees in 3
Angels in 5

NL
Cardinals in 5
Phillies in 4

Yankees beat the Angels in 6
Cardinals beat the Phillies in 7

Yankees beat the Cardinals in 5

There is no such thing as post-season baseball in Michigan, we've all transitioned to hockey and the Red Wings, thankyouverymuch!

So now the STL Cards have their own version of Bill Buckner in Matt Holliday. I'm not a fan of the Cards but I hate the Dodgers so that stupidass shot to the balls pissed me off.

There is no such thing as post-season baseball in Michigan, we've all transitioned to hockey and the Red Wings, thankyouverymuch!

For those that bash hockey they just don't give the sport a chance. Its fast paced and non stop. I always argue with people about it. it depends on where you grew up and live. I always compare it to basketball. In Basketball you breath on someone from the other team and you are at the foul shot line. Hockey is all hits and keep playing. Its all comes down to personal preference.

back to baseball....sports are sports. I enjoy watching almost all. Baseball post season is fun to watch, but most of the time I find baseball boring to watch unless I am physically at the game.

This post season should be interesting though.

At least I got two of the series right.

Heck of a game last night. They don’t call them the Fightins for nothing.

What happened to the Red Sox?

Moving on

Phillies in 6

Angles in 6 (as determined by my heart, not my head)

Yes, at points it was too good of a game. That 8th inning just about killed me. But, to watch them come back and take the lead in the 9th was just amazing.

The Dodgers look tough and I have painful memories of them sweeping the Phils earlier this Summer.

and the Yankees just piss me off.

Back