So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not brewing but did just keg my apfelwein that I made the first week of July. Came in at 9.5%, and has a great apple flavor from aging. I did use Cider Yeast instead of wine yeast, since I think it leaves a little more apple flavor.

I will be brewing an adjunct APA. American Hop-bursted Ale with about 25% Rice to thin it out. It is close to becoming a standard recipe for me. Smooth hoppiness, noticeably fruity maltiness that shines through, around 20 IBU's, and very easy drinking. Sort of a cross between a pale ale and a lawnmower beer.

Just pitched my first BIAB all-grain batch - a Russian Imperial Stout (5 gal.) My efficiency sucked (55.5%) and I missed the OG by .012 but I am still hopeful it will turn out okay. Best thing is I think I've identified my problem steps so I can correct for the next go-around.

IMG_1290.jpg

Brewing today after I get out of work early because of Sandy! Bottlign my IIPA then brewing up my chocolate wheat stout.... as long as I still have power.... :fro:

I might be. If I still have power tomorrow, I'll brew a Cal Common and Mild while I'm not working. If I lose power, I'll hopefully do them over the weekend (assuming I have power restored). Hell, if I can brew them both tomorrow, I might brew a Robust Porter over the weekend. We'll see what happens with the storm.

Brewing a nut brown ale this Friday from the recipe section from the website. It is my wife's favorite and have to keep the pipeline going

did a yellow fizzy water for the bmc friends yesterday, cleaned and resoldered my bk and rebuilt my keggle mashtun with false bottom today, and brewing a hefo tomorrow, as well as getting my starter ready and milling the grain for a smoked vanilla porter (on vacation) :D

I am planning to brew a moose drool clone for a party and my first batch of my (609) Breakfast Stout. 609 is probably my favorite beer I have ever made and people have been asking when I will make more. I used this recipe https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f68/smooth-oatmeal-stout-50756/ upped the base malt based on my systems, added some cocoa powder. The key though, and why it gets the area code for South Jersey, is adding coffee beans from Wawa (convenience store) to secondary. This was my 4th all grain batch last year and I wish I had taken better notes last year as for as the coffee addition goes. I used 1450 last year but this year I am going to try 1272 in it.
I also want to attempt a Graham Cracker Porter based one some stuff I have read online and using what grains I have already laying around. I will probably use graham crackers in the mash, add honey and molasses in the last 10 of the boil, a cinnamon addition somewhere in there, and maybe some vanilla. I am thinking of using pale chocolate malt as I get a smoother chocolate from that malt. I will probably split between 2 clean yeasts, thinking pacman and s05. Like Denver Beer Co. says its like a campfire in a glass.

Brewing an English style IPA this weekend. I use that term loosely, I plan on hop bursting the cr@p out of this one, along with a hefty dry hops addition. M-O, caramel M-O 55, challenger, EKG and 1318, English as can be.

Brewing a Vienna (faux) lager with WLP810 since I'm not set up to actually lager. Interested to see how it turns out.

Planning on brewing again soon. Maybe tonight (doubt) or tomorrow night. Chance of brewing on Saturday because they want $30 each for tickets to the Western vs Central game in Mt. Pleasant and so I might rather spend the $30 on beer at the brewpub and watch the game inside (or not watch) while the wife and kid go to the game (kid's friend goes to Central, she goes to Western)

I'd like to brew up a nice stout, or maybe try to nail that light beer recipe again. Last time was too hoppy and fruity.

Best of luck, dizzle, have fun! :mug:

My last brew day was a month ago and I broke the stove in the process....this weekend will be my first brew day on the new Bayou Classic. YAY!

This will be my latest (3rd) revision of the Alcoa Puritan ESB. I feel I am going to spend much of next year trying to perfect this one. Now that I have pretty much brewed all the ale styles I wanted to do at least once, I'd like to brew a single beer over and over so that I may perfect it to my taste...then I'll move on to the next.

This is going to have to be a drinking weekend. I've got to make space in the kegerator for beer that's been ready for a few weeks. Plus, 3 more will be kegged next week. I can't seem to drink it as fast as I make it. Must be getting old, slowing down or losing friends.
More brewing in a week or so. Great time to brew as the weather chills.

Did lose power Monday into Tuesday, so my Mild is mashing right now. Plan is at least my Cal Common, probably also doing my Robust Porter on Saturday. Hopefully I'll have a few beer-drinking-but-not-brewing friends over for Learn To Homebrew Day

mjdonnelly68 said:
Brewing a Christmas Ale tomorrow - garage is going to smell like elf fart all day.

What recipe are you using? I'd like to brew a Christmas ale/ winter warmer myself. What I would like to aim for would be a nice dark roasted malt beer with coffee undertones, yet some holiday spice to go along with it

pstrohs said:
Brewing a Celebration Ale clone.

I just kegged my celebration ale clone. I should be able to find out Monday how it came out! Very excited!

Planning on it. Still can't decide on the Christmas (Holly) beer or something more "basic". The last few months we've done Oktoberfest, Pumpkin Lager, and have Bananas Foster in secondary right now...although I have a nice NZ hop-burst PA in kegs as well, I wonder if I will make something "neutral" for the pipeline before I get back into another seasonal/specialty type beer.

I guess I need to decide if I'm starting my mash tonight before bed...

Brewing a Vienna (faux) lager with WLP810 since I'm not set up to actually lager. Interested to see how it turns out.

That yeast produces some really nice lagers. It's a lager yeast, I don't care if it's temp tolerant, it's a lager yeast. I've made Marzens, a pumpkin lager, steam beer, etc. with it and it always turns out crystal clear and clean.

If you can keep it at 60 or so it's a helluva lager performer. Do you keg? Use that as your "lagering", if so. Just don't drink it for a few months after you keg it. Do you cold-crash? Have means to put it in a fridge at all? You have options.

Latest posts

Back