Bayou Classic Temperature Control Valve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewin_Bob

Reaction score
Do any of you have/use this? Is it worth it? I'm thinking of getting it for direct fired mashing, but I wanted to check opinions here first. Thanks.

cb001_temperature_control_valve.jpg

Might be perfect for a HLT, though. I've been looking at this for a while...I'd be interested to see if anyone has taken the plunge.

Wouldn't the temp range be about the same for the MT and the HLT? Doesn't the device need some kind of electrical supply? Don't tell me they need you to put a battery in it right next to a burning propane tank!

Doesn't the device need some kind of electrical supply? Don't tell me they need you to put a battery in it right next to a burning propane tank!

Gas stoves use thermocoupler without electricity. They maintain temp at whatever you set.

I like the idea of a temp controller for HLT, I'm getting a new burner and kettle soon, so I'll use existing settup for HLT. Let me know if you get the unit how it works.

I had one for a little while. It is purely a thermo-mechanical device and does not need electric to work. Bottom end temp was 200*F so, it was useless for brewing.

Back