Think i may be in trouble...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

40ozOLDe

Reaction score
Yesterday, i went to sanitize my things so I used 5 gallons of water with 2 tablespoons of Clorox "Clean-Up" which states it is cleaner with bleach and that it "disinfects"... so my question is, is this bad? Is it going to ruin my beer or make me sick? I thouroughlly rinsed everything out so...im not sure any help is appreciated. Thanx

yeah i did rinse thouroughlly but i was reading somewhere and it said only use bleach nothing else, this was like cleaner and bleach...thats where this is stemming from

chillHayze said:
Always rinse with bleach!

Technically, you should rinse with WATER...

You should be fine. No need to spend extra $$ on the fancy-bleach, though; regular, unscented household bleach is your best choice, if you don't go for Iodophor or Star-San.

yeah its what i had in my cabinet...i think ill be suing star-san for all my other cleaning purposes in the future, its not rinse right?

40ozOLDe said:
yeah its what i had in my cabinet...i think ill be suing star-san for all my other cleaning purposes in the future, its not rinse right?

Sue them if you must, but star-san is ton rinse.

Back