Sorghum Dry?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChickenBeer

Reaction score
I am going to start making some of these for my wife, so I had some questions for the exprets on gluten free beer. 1. is I have read that the finish to sorghum can be described as dry. any thoughts around getting a better finish? 2. I would much rather use an equivelnt to dry malt extract, for shelf like and sustainabilty. Just was never a fan of the liquid malts and that seems to be the only supply of sorghum that i can find, any one else have something better?

I am going to start making some of these for my wife, so I had some questions for the exprets on gluten free beer. 1. is I have read that the finish to sorghum can be described as dry. any thoughts around getting a better finish? 2. I would much rather use an equivelnt to dry malt extract, for shelf like and sustainabilty. Just was never a fan of the liquid malts and that seems to be the only supply of sorghum that i can find, any one else have something better?

You can get sorghum DME at Annapolis Homebrew. I've used it, but I've never done a side by side comparison between liquid and dry. Maltodextrin can be used to provide a little more body and lactose is also gluten free.

Gluten Free Brewing Extracts

Back