You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you're in someone elses garage and all you do is point out equipment that can be used to brew.

When you have a crappy night working on a car and you sit down in the garage and hear your blow off tubes bubbling away and it makes everything better.

yup. Same here. A couple places up the corner from me have a good location for such an enterprise...:mug: I'd love to open a BBQ/Brewpub...

When your bookshelf looks like this!

1406899410239.jpg

When you brew a saison and think "do i want to bottle this with brett or keg it as is?!"....this is probably my biggest current dilemma

Did that just 2 days ago at my folks house. Picked up two Mr Heaters for when I have to move the operation off the patio and into the garage during the New England winter.

When you barter work for brewing ingridents, my buddy wants me to notch some tubing for his brew stand I said sure get me my grain and hops for my next brew as payment lol

When you've been kegging exclusively for a year, but refuse to get rid of 120 of your de-labelled bottles "just in case" you need to bottle a couple batches.

I have been kegging exclusively for 2 years and still have a dozen 12 pack boxes of Sierra Nevada cleaned and de-labelled...so true, so true

I got the topper for all male homebrewers out there. When I rode my broke back buggy into the pop & water isle of Giant Eagle,The water part of the shelf was decimated! I'm doing the WTF? routine when my "third eye!" spotted this hot late 20's blonde come up the aisle. Black denim pedal pushers & a tee shirt right out of a beer fest! Black cap & pony tail too!! Shawiiiing! Oh my goodness, oh ma damn...!
So She asks if she can help me with this pretty, ingratiating smile. I explained how I was looking for the 2.5 gallon slabby looking water jugs to brew a batch of watermelon hefeweizen tomorrow & needed two to them to brew it. I was wearing my humvee camo military vest, West Coast Choppers shirt from The Strip in Hollywood & Morebeer black & tan trucker cap as well. OMG! her eyes lit up like Christmas & she says " Wow! You brew beer?!" " Yeah, been doin' it for a few years now". " wow! Cool, yeah! I can get behind that! Yeah"!!!!!!!! Ooooh baby, come to butthead! uhuh huh, huh! Such a pretty, eyes on high beam smile. & looking right into my eyes too! OMFG!!! Boys & girls, I was tempted to show her My staff & family jewels That my rod & staff might comfort her! She was a very kinky girl...the kind you don't take home to mutha! She's a super freak super freak...she's super freaky, yooow!:ban::ban::ban::mug::ban::ban::ban::rockin:

I got the topper for all male homebrewers out there. When I rode my broke back buggy into the pop & water isle of Giant Eagle,The water part of the shelf was decimated! I'm doing the WTF? routine when my "third eye!" spotted this hot late 20's blonde come up the aisle. Black denim pedal pushers & a tee shirt right out of a beer fest! Black cap & pony tail too!! Shawiiiing!
So She asks if she can help me with this pretty, ingratiating smile. I explained how I was looking for the 2.5 gallon slabby looking water jugs to brew a batch of watermelon hefeweizen tomorrow & needed two to them to brew it. I was wearing my humvee camo military vest & Morebeer black & tan trucker cap as well. OMG! her eyes lit up like Christmas & she says " Wow! You brew beer?!" " Yeah, been doin' it for a few years now". " wow! Cool, yeah! I can get behind that! Yeah"!!!!!!!! Ooooh baby, come to butthead! uhuh huh, huh! Such a pretty, eyes on high beam smile. & looking right into my eyes too! OMFG!!! Boys & girls, I was tempted to show her My staff & family jewels That my rod & staff might comfort her! She was a very kinky girl...the kind you don't take home to mutha! She's a super freak super freak...she's super freaky, yooow!:ban::ban::ban::mug::ban::ban::ban::rockin:

Did you invite her over for a brew session so you could show her your mash paddle?

I wussed out, being married. But I was freaking inside, friends! OMFG! oh my goodness, oh ma damn! I could've done that girl's body justice! I've learned a few things in my years & everything still works quite well indeed. I got a chubby from it! What a very sexy girl... But it seemed to really turn her on that I'm a home Brewer...why oh why can't my wife be like that?? Dammit beavis! i could fed her all four of my different home brews & got some sweet stuff tonight! I think I messed up...dammit!:tank::ban::mug::mug:

When your decision to have the same beer (when dining out) from the tap or a bottle depends solely on whether that bottle is pop-top or twist off.

You forget that you have 3 oz of hops going into a 5gallon carboy and you slightly over fill it
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407036389.983919.jpg

Would've rather went to hers!...:ban: Being The Alternate Prometheus, I'd show her the fire of creativity that spurts from my magic wand!...

Yeah, I know. But it was flattering for an aging hipster like me just the same. My wife is that always on the go with a big smile & sparkle in her eye type just like that tall blonde. I didn't honestly think they made them like that anymore! Much less two of them being in the same location!...We men are such dogs...;)

When you are on pint four of your "only a pint or two left" push to kick a keg

Edit: kicked on the 5th pint

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

... When you brew a fresh Hefe-weizen just to show your German friend that, "yes, WE CAN brew darn good beer".

20+ people showed up and killed 3 corny's that day. And a 6-lb smoked pork loin, 5 lbs of smoked chicken wings and 3 lbs of italian sausage. Yummay.

MC

Sign me up! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back