Logo for my homebrew labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David

Reaction score
Image32.jpg

Here's our logo/mascot, nicknamed Barrelhead, made of beer bottles for nose and teeth, bottle caps for eyes and mash paddles for crossbones.

After I designed this logo, someone brought over a bottle of a bottle of Troegs Java Head which has a similar concept but I haven't seen anything like our logo.

Me and a friend have been using Infinite Gravity as our name for a few months but I'm still not sure if it's our final name. I did see a website for a company in Canada called Infinite Gravity Data Services but maybe I could still get a US copyright as Infinite Gravity Brewing. Anyway, we're definitely using the logo so I did a poor man's copyright for the logo and name separately. The name refers to our reputation for brewing imperial styles.

Any suggestions/comments?

Looks cool. As far as names, since infinite gravity data is their full name, you could just be infinite gravity, or add in anything else you'd like. If its different, its different. (well, unless you're clearly trying to copy, and some other issues... But you're not, so don't worry)

David,

If you are interested in marketing your product than check the name here:
http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/index.jsp

You can search the registered names, both living (the name) or dead. There are different lists or groups that you can register under. For example, you can have a restaurant called Ford, or a car Dealership called McDonalds. Not the other way around. So unless there is a beverage with that name... you are probably set. There are TONS of particulars... BUT, all of it means nothing to you if you are just having fun putting labels on your beer for you and your buds.

Jason

David,

If you are interested in marketing your product than check the name here:
http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/index.jsp

You can search the registered names, both living (the name) or dead. There are different lists or groups that you can register under. For example, you can have a restaurant called Ford, or a car Dealership called McDonalds. Not the other way around. So unless there is a beverage with that name... you are probably set. There are TONS of particulars... BUT, all of it means nothing to you if you are just having fun putting labels on your beer for you and your buds.

Jason

Yup, this is what I was trying to get at. You'd have better luck with Ford if it just so happened to be your last name. But most smaller companies won't sweat it. Large evil ones (Monster..anyone?) might send you a cease and desist order.

We don't have a business or anything like that - it's mostly just for fun but I copyrighted it just in case we get into the brewing business someday.

I wouldnt worry too much about it unless you are ready to start selling.

but on track to what you were asking... the logo has a nice fun feel to it. It will communicate well on a bottle... and someday maybe a shirt. Good luck.

Jason

Here's some labels I made for our beers - they're not all original designs, most are just graphics I've seen online and added text. Some of these have already been brewed, some haven't. I'm open to any advice or ideas you guys have, either about the labels or the beer styles.

AM.jpg

BBQBock.jpg

Barleywine.jpg

BirthdayIPA.jpg

BlackCow.jpg

BlackMagic.jpg

BlackSheep.jpg

BostonBrewins.jpg

Budweizen2.jpg

Cotes.jpg

btw, our original name was STD Brewing for the initials of our first names, Steve, Toby, Dave which is still on some of the labels. That name got a mixed reaction from the public ;)

Here is a good one I forgot.

1808952836_3c390cd8e7bmp2.jpg

Which labels do you guys like or not like? My favorite is the Kool Aid Beer Pitcher Man which is one of my own designs, and the Russian Imperial Stout is original too.

Love the one with the Bruins logo. GO GO BLACK AND GOLD!

That one is unfinished but the beer name will be Boston Brewins Honey Brown Ale to go with the team colors. The Bruins beer will be part of a set with all 4 New England teams. Does anyone have a label idea for Soxtoberfest, Patriots Pigskin Porter or Celtics Redhead Irish Ale? I'm having artist's block on those three.

Do you mind telling me where you are finding those images to post your brewery name on?

What types of sites would I search for to find something like that to mess with? Thanks!

Do you mind telling me where you are finding those images to post your brewery name on?

What types of sites would I search for to find something like that to mess with? Thanks!

They're from all different places. I'm good with computer art but not so much at drawing so I just go to Google and search for what I'm looking for. For backgrounds I look for vector graphic designs or apply some random effects to a picture in Corel.

edit: If you have any specific ideas, let me know and maybe I can help.

I like a lot of them, but I admit I spent the most time staring at Hay Bale Ale. Errr, I lost a bit of time there... I went into a hypnotic glazed-eyed trance on that one.

lol - it's one of my favorite pics - it's Marisa Miller. I don't even know what kind of beer that would be, I just wanted to use the picture on a label :)

Thanks etamme

And I like the Strawberry Blonde idea, passedpawn - it would be perfect with her pink outfit

Back