Photo of my Tongue Splitter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This photo was requested by my spouse- I er, um, sort of insinuated to everyone here at HBT that while I was out of town visiting my family my kegged beer would disappear. In apology for thinking so little of my life partner, I give you the picture of the remaining beer:

DSCF0552.JPG

Isn't it remarkable how the last glass is always the best? (I did have one glass out of each keg.)

It's Northern Brewer's recipe, not mine!

It's:

(5.25 gallon batch)
9 pounds 2-row
8 ounces carapils
8 ounces caramalt (I subbed crystal 40L, I believe)

1 ounce columbus (FWH) 70 minutes
1 ounce glacier 15 minutes
1 ounce cascade 10 minutes
1/2 ounce sterling 2 minutes
1/2 ounce cascade 2 minutes

Dryhop
1/2 ounce sterling
1/2 ounce cascade

Northwest ale yeast

OG 1.048
FG 1.010
65 IBUs

I fermented it very cool at first (darn cold house!) then found an aquarium heater and brought the temps up to low 70s. It's a nice beer! I would recommend this kit to anybody who likes a lot of hops character in their beer!

thats a good looking beer! i have made the extra pale ale kit from nb, it is very good and it has 3 oz. of cascades. I wanna try this one, have never made a brew with that many hops. And the best thing about those nb kits is that they are really cheap.

Back