Wyeast Greenbelt experience ( fermentation questions)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txpete

Reaction score
I currently am in process of fermenting the AHBS Greenbelt blonde kit. I am very excited about it! I followed the directions to a t and am having some fermentation woes. I brewed this beer now 84 hours ago and have yet to see signs of fermentation. I decided to wash up and take a look inside the fermenter. What I saw was my wort and a few spots where little gas bubbles were rising. Saw a couple of white specs floating around also. Is this the start if fermentation or should I plan on repitching this once I have the chance? Should I just play the waiting game? Any help would be appreciated!

What kind of yeast did you use? Your temp is pretty warm. Your bier may have already fermented out. And yes, you are seeing signs of active fermentation. Wait a full week, and then take a gravity reading. It's probably fine.

What kind of yeast did you use? Your temp is pretty warm. Your bier may have already fermented out. And yes, you are seeing signs of active fermentation. Wait a full week, and then take a gravity reading. It's probably fine.

He is using Greenbelt.

I came back to add this...at elevated/uncontrolled temps, the beer can start and be done fairly quickly.

Back