Keg cooling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobterry

Reaction score
Will be coming up to the stage of either bottles or kegging shortly, and can't decide which would be the best option. I would prefer to go for a keg, but the question is how do you keep it cold when in the keg. Short of a fridge to keep the keg in what else do people do??

You'll need a refrigerator of some kind, large enough to not only cool it but get CO2 and hook up some kind of dispenser. A picnic tap will work but not optimal.

Going kegging doesn't have to be expensive but you'll have to already have a refrig or keep an eye out for a deal on a used one....cheap.

You're most likely going to want to bottle at some point, there's really not much in the way of overhead of equipment other than saving up bottles or buying them. Might as well learn it now while you build up your keegging equipm

Oh, the best option, is kegging. I hate bottling with such a passion I started getting behind but I still do both, glad I learned how to bottle first.

Instead of 50 or so little bottles you need to clean, sanitize, and fill for each batch, you have just one big one. Oh, and having your own brew on tap is pretty darned cool too. heh

Back