Hop combo questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texasgeorge

Reaction score
I have my IPA in primary right now. My hop schedule during the boil was 1 oz Magnum at 60 minutes, 1 oz Tettnang at 15 minutes, and 1 oz more Tettnang at 5 minutes. The recipe didn't call for it, but I think I want to dry-hop when I go to a secondary.

:confused: Would you do another 1 oz of Tettnang here, and are pellets okay? I was also thinking of dry-hopping in Williamette instead. I'm open to suggestions from the seasoned vets.

On another semi-related hop question: Would an ESB taste alright if bittered with Cluster and finished with Fuggles? I'm interested in crafting my Clusterfuggled ESB (I love the name :D ) if these hops would work well together.

Thanks in advance!

texasgeorge said:
I have my IPA I think I want to dry-hop when I go to a secondary.

:confused: Would you do another 1 oz of Tettnang here, and are pellets okay? I was also thinking of dry-hopping in Williamette instead. I'm open to suggestions from the seasoned vets.

On another semi-related hop question: Would an ESB taste alright if bittered with Cluster and finished with Fuggles? I'm interested in crafting my Clusterfuggled ESB (I love the name :D ) if these hops would work well together.

Thanks in advance!

i would definitley dry-hop an ipa...thats a no-brainer, and willamette is perfect for that (its basically an american fuggle)

a cluster/fuggle 1-2 combo sounds good...ive never used cluster but what i read theyre a mild bittering hop, which is what you want for an esb(challanger, progress, ek gold, etc..)

Back