So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonna whip up a quick extract Amber ale. Don't have enough time to do the normal all grain and I need more beer for the kegs so I figured I would mix up a quick extract batch while the kiddos take naps.
Gonna sub 1lb crystal Rye for crystal 60 just for fun and to add flavor.

First attempt at a 10 gal batch tomorrow. Another Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone. Loved the first batch. Next weekend going to try a 5 gal Vanilla Porter to change things up. After that, im going to start accepting applications for my go-to summer lawnmower beer. Something clean, maybe 3.8% ish? Suggestions?

First attempt at a 10 gal batch tomorrow. Another Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone. Loved the first batch. Next weekend going to try a 5 gal Vanilla Porter to change things up. After that, im going to start accepting applications for my go-to summer lawnmower beer. Something clean, maybe 3.8% ish? Suggestions?

I haven't made it myself, but Biermunchers centennial blonde seems to be a lawnmower beer of choice on here.

All set up to brew my Magical Mystery Brew tomorrow! Partial mash so wont be inaugurating my propane burner-oh well, maybe next time...Check out my thread in the All Grain forum to follow along and add input..Still trying to decide when to add the provided 2oz of Liberty hops into the 60 minute boil, so could use some suggestions over there! :)

I got a 5.2% APA with 66IBUs down tonight.

Coopers Australian Pale ale kit with an extra 1.5kg tin of LME at 6Gal

Columbus and Simcoe

I think I'll dry hop with citra

I got a 5.2% APA with 66IBUs down tonight.

Coopers Australian Pale ale kit with an extra 1.5kg tin of LME at 6Gal

Columbus and Simcoe

I think I'll dry hop with citra

Just killed the flame on a smoked porter(upper end of brown porter), with cherrywood smoked malt,mild malt,TF pale choc,caramunich and TF dark crystal.
Hopped with Cluster and Lubelski

I will probably brew tomorrow but I'm not sure what. I have a lot of Sorachi Ace hops so I was thinking of a really good IPA even though it's not my favorite. I could try and redo my White IPA and see how it comes out with these hops. I was considering a dark ale from a conversation last night but I'm not sure I could make that work and not have it cost anything. I have 12.75 lbs of grains available to my at my LHBS and I just pitched what I think is WLP 007 into a 1 L starter so this will effectively be a free batch since the grains are paid for at the beginning of the month.

Mosaic SMaSH today. My first ever SMaSH brew. I truly enjoyed the Founder's Mosaic Promise so I thought I would do one.

11 lbs Pilsner (2 Row) Ger (3.3 SRM) Grain 1 100.0 %
0.60 oz Mosaic (HBC 369) [11.70 %] - Boil 60.0 min Hop 2 26.0 IBUs
1.00 oz Mosaic (HBC 369) [11.70 %] - Boil 10.0 min Hop 3 15.7 IBUs
1.00 oz Mosaic (HBC 369) [11.70 %] - Boil 5.0 min Hop 4 8.6 IBUs
1.00 oz Mosaic (HBC 369) [11.70 %] - Boil 1.0 min Hop 5 1.9 IBUs
1.0 pkg Safale American (DCL/Fermentis #US-05) [50.28 ml] Yeast 6 -
1.00 oz Mosaic (HBC 369) [11.70 %] - Dry Hop 5.0 Days Hop 7 0.0 IBUs

Mashing at 152 for 60 minutes doing BIAB.

As much as I am trying to get away from extracts, I had someone give me 2 pounds of LME. I am thinking to add a mini-mash of 2-row & a little rye & wheat each to make a little rye pale ale tonight using some of those Cascade whole-cone hops I got for free.

Off to the LHBS I go!

I'm doing 2 brew this weekend

Today is the 3g BIAB IPA I came up with for my fiance

FERMENTABLES:
6.75 lb - American - Pale 2-Row (87.4%)
0.6 lb - American - Caramel / Crystal 40L (7.8%)
6 oz - American - Victory (4.9%)
HOPS:
0.6 oz - Galena, Type: Pellet, AA: 13, Use: Boil for 60 min, IBU: 49.63
1 oz - Amarillo, Type: Pellet, AA: 8.6, Use: Boil for 15 min, IBU: 27.15
1 oz - Amarillo, Type: Pellet, AA: 8.6, Use: Boil for 0 min

And tomorrow I'll be brewing the Raging Red Irish Ale
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=239188

converted to 3g BIAB

Gotta get out the hops & yeast for my first AG brew today. Gotta get SWMBO to redo my bandages on left leg first. Darn gauze...infections...doctors...pills, powders & potions...damn, I need a beer...guess I'm the :goat:

Heating strike water for a Steel Cut Oatmeal Stout... One of my older recipes (like 2007) that I haven't brewed in a year or more.

WP_20160131_001.jpg

Can't give all the details atm, but got a surprise a week ago. So my first AG & full boil is boiling now. Only a one gallon kit though. Cool just the same...:mug:

Brewed a Westy 12 clone. Overshot my volume a litte, but it still should end up at 9% or slightly over. Followed the two recipes in the data base for the traditional - made my own candi syrup too.

Well, got the wort chilled & got everything back in the brewery. Just have to rinse & sanitize another nylon grain bag to pour the wort through a radiator funnel into the jug. So dark in here, I hope the flash'll be enough?

Brewed my second extract batch and was a little disappointed with the OG 1.042. The recipe called for 1.052. See my post over in the Beginners Beer Brewing Forum if you're bored. :)

Why choose between using an immersion chiller and an ice (or snow) bath?... just finished up my first RIS.

The snow is actually acting as an insulator and probably slowing your chilling down. I did that on my first brew, without an IC, and it took forever and I couldn't figure out why... Yay science

Well, the small AG batch came out pretty well for my first one yesterday. Est OG was 1.058, I got a 1.060. Heard a hollow bloop in the quart jar used for a blow off @ 6:30 this morning. Pitched @ 5:37PM yesterday. Blowing krausen & Co2 by 10AM on 1/2 packet of S-04.

I've found a simple chocolate stout recipe that I can brew with my leftover hops and the yeast cake from my current brew, so that's the plan this weekend. Yay for being frugal!

I believe it's time to remove the tarps from the brew rig, and fire up the keggles. It's been just over a year since I've brewed, entirely too long.

Yea, I'll be brewing but it won't be nearly as fancy as you vets! I'll be making an Amber Ale Extract Kit. It was my first brewing attempt that was an utter failure so I'm going back to get it right (I have a wife ready to give birth to child number 2 and she loves Amber beers so by the time its ready she should be able to enjoy).

I feel so lame even saying that's what I'm making!!!

Latest posts

Back