Malt preference poll

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What type of malt do you use?

• Extract only

• Extract with steeped/mini-mash grains

• All grain

• Multiple methods

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm in the eager to try AG, but haven't yet category.

I started in the very beginning with the steep method, and have never brewed any other way. At this point, I have a few things I want to accomplish before trying/attempting AG - first is converting a little chest freezer into a kegerator, which is step 1 in my desire to begin kegging at least some of the beer I make. Once I have that ability, I'll start working on AG...

As far as fave's - I use primarily crystal, with a few other odds and ends thrown in for either color, flavor, or both.

Eye8oneu812 said:
Using extract with a partial mash is, to me, a very efficient way to take a basic beer and add your own special touch. I would agree that all-grain is probably the best way and allows the most customization, but for a guy without much space, a compromise is the only way to go. Mixing and matching still allows me to make some pretty good beers. Here's hoping that someday I score enough space to create a nice setup and try out all-grain brewing.

Cheers and Happy Homebrewing.

my sentiment exactly.

Back