Did I just set myself up for a Krusen volcano

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillTheSlink

Reaction score
I got a starter going for a high gravity brew (1.090) per Mr. Malty 1 vial of English Ale yeast into a 2L starter on a stir plate. I just happened to think "Is that little extra neck space above the 2000ml line going to hold the krusen? If it ends up all over the counter me brew days are over.

i hope you arent serious about your brew days being over

if it's a blow off it's a blow off. it sucks but we've all been there.

and wait you're talking about a starter?? screw it. set it in a sink covered with something and if it blows and you're that worried about it just make a new one.

i hope you arent serious about your brew days being over

if it's a blow off it's a blow off. it sucks but we've all been there.

and wait you're talking about a starter?? screw it. set it in a sink covered with something and if it blows and you're that worried about it just make a new one.

Yes, my brew days would be over. I live with Grandma and she's a Baptist and hates all drinking, plus she had a former marriage to an abusive drunk (she doesn't even think we know about it. Yep, it's one of those families). I more or less have just forced the brewing on her, but one mess up and me and the brewery will be shut down. She's always bitching about it. She needs help though, so I can't just leave her.

Me, I am a good Lutheran, getting ready for seminary in the Missouri Synod (we're the conservative ones). Beer is as much a part of the culture as German names. As a matter of fact after we have a funeral there comes the reception, where beer flows freely and stories about our loved one are shared by all. Hay, Martin Luther didn't get that big from always fasting. He ate and drank freely.

Yeah you'll have volcano, but put it in a bigger bowl no big deal and then pitch it in.

Back