Wiring my control box....advice plz

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILOVEBEER

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am ALMOST done with my RIMS build. It has been 3 months since I started it but as most of you probably deal with...I keep running out of money.

My control box is very simple. It consists of a weatherproof junction box. In the box sits a PID, a 25A relay and the heat sink. I was able to get crafty and maintain the SSR in the box with the heat sink exposed to the outside air. On the surface of the box will be the PID and three toggles.

My plans are to have a heavy gauge extension cord power a bussbar where all of the accessories will obtain power. The control panel will power the PID (switched) the heating element (switched) and the pump (switched).

Everything is sealed tight and no chance of water EVER contacting anything electrical. Unless ofcourse I direct a stream of water into the pump or into my electrical panel.

I do not have a GFI outlet.....Is there anyting I can do to further the safety portion during brewing? Any advice on grounding etc?

Thanks
Joe

Very Cool....so I can wire it as planned and use this as a safety feature.

Thanks

Back