fermentation chamber build. in progress!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bucks-04 said:
Chest freezer would be cheaper but there is something about building your own.

Good luck! Its fun building.

Kapbrew how is yours doing? Mine has been in use for almost a month now and working like a champ. Mine does cycle more than yours, mine is set to a 2 degree tolerance.

Working great. I think the 2" silver backed insulation plus lining the inside with acrylic sheets helps alot with temperature management. Set at 67 and it barely runs. ?

Plus I went crazy with the yellow foam insulation spray. Lol!!

Maybe I need to do more lol!

I will be bottling my first beer from the new chamber and first all grain (biab). I did a her with one sort and then split it with two did yeast! Can't wait!

Bucks-04 said:
Maybe I need to do more lol!

I will be bottling my first beer from the new chamber and first all grain (biab). I did a her with one sort and then split it with two did yeast! Can't wait!

Think I'm following your madness. Have been getting 3 gallon carboys to make 5 gal batches and split with different yeast to see how different the final product comes out. I like experimenting. Mad scientist here.

Yup and then testing the wife. She says she likes bannana and clove for her hef's. So i did one yeast that produce that and then another that is more of a spice. Let the testing begin!!

Plus instead of having fifty bottles of one beer I will have more variety, if it turns out good!

Sweet Chamber builds, thought I'd throw mine on here for some support!

IMG_2587.jpg

IMG_2588.jpg

IMG_2590.jpg

If you wanna check out the full write-up/ build click HERE.

Everyones work is looking mighty sweet keep up the good work!

Kapbrew- I just cut that white plastic liner stuff with regular scissors! I would of saved some time and elbow grease if I knew this was easy to cut!!

Back