still good?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

35se

Reaction score
So I have some blue moon clones that have been sitting in bottles since October. Wondering if they would still be good?

Had to leave on short notice and my home brew hobby was put on hold. Trying to get back into it.

Thanks for any responses.

I just opened a couple stouts that hit lots in a move. They're at least a year and a half old. They were ok. Over carbonated but still drinkable.

They aren't going to hurt you. A Wit that's 6 months old probably won't bit at its prime any more, but it should still be drinkable at the least, and might still taste pretty good.

Depends what you mean by "good."

Do you mean "will it make me sick?" No. The alcohol, PH, hops, and simple fact that yeast have already eaten almost anything with caloric value keep anything poisonous from growing in your beer.

Do you mean "will it taste good?" For a hefe, you're probably OK, as long as your caps sealed well, and you've kept them in a cool, dark place. Oxygen, light, and heat will wreck your beer. Hop flavor will fade a lot over six months, even in well-stored beer, but in the style you're talking about, the hops probably weren't a big player to start with.

Sorry should have specified. By good I meant is it still worth drinking.

It was kept in boxes in a cool corner in my parents house which stayed around 65 degrees this winter.

Guess the only real way to tell is pop the top and try it.

Thanks for the responses guys

Back