Hudson River Landing Simulation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bopper

Reaction score
This has to be one of the coolest things I've seen on the internet. Suggest watching it in full screen on Youtube so you can read the conversations recorded on the black box.

#

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow just wow I can not belive how calm under pressure these guys and gurls were.

That's part of what amazes me so much...everyone was calm and collected...particularly the pilot and FO. The physics of landing ditching that without it breaking apart on impact is also amazing.

That's part of what amazes me so much...everyone was calm and collected...particularly the pilot and FO. The physics of landing ditching that without it breaking apart on impact is also amazing.

Finally got a chance to see this. I'm always a little nervous about flying. A video about a plane crash wouldn't seem to be the best for that, but it's really impressive to see these people operating under pressure. Kind of fills me with a little more confidence about some of the men and women up front.

I had a dude have an anxiety attack before we pushed in ORD tonight on our way to DFW. Big burly guy too... almost in tears.

Anyhow, those dudes on the Hudson did a great job, until they opened thier mouths and trash talked half of the pilots in the industry. They ended up being jerks that can fly well.

Back