What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oops - had a HB saison and posted in the wrong darn thread.

Been too long since I had one of these gems. I love a Secret Santa beers! :mug:

image.jpg

I'm not drinking anything yet. I just made a beer run, and I'm sitting here trying to decide where to start....

beer run 001.jpg

Left to right. Right to left. Start in the middle and work outward. It's all good when good beer is consumed! :mug:

I started in the middle, because I haven't had Black Butte before. Much better than the Guinness Draught I've been choking down to get the bottles... I've loved Guinness Stout for years, but the bottled Draught stuff doesn't make the cut. Love the bottles, though. All that lettering you see in the picture is on a black plastic skin that strips off; the bottles themselves are brown.

I've also been working on Beck's Sapphire, because I want the black bottles it comes in.:D

beer run 003.jpg

I started in the middle, because I haven't had Black Butte before. Much better than the Guinness Draught I've been choking down to get the bottles... I've loved Guinness Stout for years, but the bottled Draught stuff doesn't make the cut. Love the bottles, though. All that lettering you see in the picture is on a black plastic skin that strips off; the bottles themselves are brown.

I've also been working on Beck's Sapphire, because I want the black bottles it comes in.:D

Nice bottle indeed. Does it have that annoying draught ball inside?

iPhone app is working again if you install one more time.

One thing I like about the new app is if you tap a post and choose WebView it goes right to that post where you can like. Much easier than before!

Nice bottle indeed. Does it have that annoying draught ball inside?
No, but it's nitrogen-conditioned anyway, instead of CO2. Guinness says, "enjoy right from the bottle!"

Dunno about 'enjoying' from the bottle, but it's true that pouring it into a glass doesn't improve it any; it doesn't really have an aroma. And it tastes like someone powdered used charcoal briquettes, and poured them into a thin black beer....

Back