Immersion chiller attachment for kitchen sink?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fermenator

Reaction score
Anyone use a garden hose attachment immersion chiller in their kitchen sink? Can you get the adapters at Home Despot or Lowes?

Thanks!

Anyone use a garden hose attachment immersion chiller in their kitchen sink? Can you get the adapters at Home Despot or Lowes?

Thanks!

I don't use one currently with my IC, but yes, you can find the right connections at any of the hardware outlets.

I still have the one a made years ago and still use it rarely to clean some equipment indoors. Mine is made of 3 different pieces: one brass, one PVC, one SS. Still works.

Yes you can in the faucet department. It's less than an inch deep and will attach to the average faucet.

Yes and yes. Just make sure to save yourself some trouble and bring the aerator from your faucet with you so you can match up the threads on the adapter, because there are several varieties.

Mine has been on there for years. I think it came with my IC. I didn't put the aerater back on because it was a pain to have to take it off and put it back all the time.

I keep my jet bottle washer by the sink so it just takes a few seconds to attach it to rinse some bottles.

I also got a garden hose adapter with a 3/8 nipple and attached about 5 feet of 3/8 tubing to use for rinsing kegs, carboys and buckets with hot water from the sink.

Latest posts

Back