• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Trade - NJ - Rubber Coated Miller Sanke Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mischief_Brewing

Reaction score
On my recent trip to visit my uncle in Ohio, I was given a Miller Sanke keg (half barrel, 15.5 gallons) that he's had sitting in his shed for a few years. The store wouldn't take it back so he hung onto it.

It's completely rubber coated and in 100% perfect condition. I only have need for something that I can direct fire so I'm hoping to trade this for a non-coated half barrel keg.

Any takers?

I'm in Sayreville (GSP exit 124) and willing to meet within a half hour drive or so...

Hmmm. In morristown and considering. Would it make a good mash tun? Do you still cut the top off to use it? Or is this best used as a fermenter?

Steve

Hmmm. In morristown and considering. Would it make a good mash tun? Do you still cut the top off to use it? Or is this best used as a fermenter?

Steve

I'm sure you could use it as a mash tun, but I'm not sure how thick the rubber is and how well it will hold temps. I'd do a search for electric brew rigs and you might come across some people who have used them that way.

Steve

If I were to convert it to a Mash Tun, I'd pick up a 2" Tri-Clover to 1/2" NPT fitting, put it on the top of the neck of the keg. Use this for your bottom drain, then cut out the "bottom" of the keg, put a False Bottom in and you're good to go!

shoot go all out and put an electric RIMS on it and when you cut the bottom turn that into a screen for the bottom

Back