Yeast suggestion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elimination

Reaction score
Making a RIS in a couple weeks, in the mean time, I want to build the yeast up so they are strong enough for it by making a 1.050ish ipa today.

But I really dont know what yeast I should use, really liked pacman, london esb, and american ale 2, but I want to try something different. MY lhbs carries dry, white labs, and wyeast, but I really want to stick with wyeast cause i'm a big fan, there local, and I just want to smack and pitch

I also have to ferment in the 60-68 range.

Imperial stout recipe:
Ingredients Amount Item Type % or IBU
15.83 lb Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 78.3 %
1.67 lb Chocolate Malt (412.0 SRM) Grain 8.2 %
1.05 lb Oats, Flaked (1.0 SRM) Grain 5.2 %
0.83 lb Roasted Barley (300.0 SRM) Grain 4.1 %
0.63 lb Barley, Flaked (1.7 SRM) Grain 3.1 %
0.22 lb Black (Patent) Malt (500.0 SRM) Grain 1.1 %

Cant remember the hop schedule and size, but i know there was northern brewer and chinook

Any suggestions would help greatly

Not necessarily the best choice for an IPA (although might be interesting), I absolutely love 1007. Way cleaner than WLP029 IMO. Really versatile, clean, and a good attenuator.

You know what may be a good idea, my temps would be right in that range. Never tried 1007, always been interested, but ya, your right, dont know what it would do to an IPA...

Back