First time selecting grains (AKA, how to use a scale...)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinBeer

Reaction score
Went to my LHBS today (Southern Brewing in Tampa) and decided it was time to select my own grains...

The guy working the counter (very helpful) helped be choose a recipe and then showed me how to find the grains. 8oz of each, no big deal I thought. After getting everything together, I take it over to him to show me how to mill them...

The look on his face when he saw I had .8oz of each grain was priceless! LOL, it barely even filled the bottom of the bucket - I had to go back and add 7.2oz of each grain...I had no idea what I was doing!

:eek:

Long story short, we got it taken care of, milled my first set of grains and I am on my way to brewing some delicious (hopefully) maple brown ale.

Oh, to be a nOOb!

That is a great story. I was pretty confused when I first started going to the LHBS as well. The next time will be much easier and you now have a great story to laugh about with the people at the LHBS.

Back