Still chugging away

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radarbrew

Reaction score
Alaska, Honey, there's a moose on the back porch a
Hey I have a Pilsner going right now, and while it took a while to get cranking, it's been 3 days and still bubbling 1 every 5 or 6 seconds. Being as this was the first recipe ever with malt dextrin added at the boil (for me) is this why it's still going? I mean yoohoo, and all, but WTH?:confused: Man, you should see the krausen!

Some can last over a week... Just leave it be... wait it out. I tried to rush one once and ruined the whole batch.

Radarbrew said:
Hey I have a Pilsner going right now, and while it took a while to get cranking, it's been 3 days and still bubbling 1 every 5 or 6 seconds. Being as this was the first recipe ever with malt dextrin added at the boil (for me) is this why it's still going? I mean yoohoo, and all, but WTH?:confused: Man, you should see the krausen!

Are you fermenting your pilsner at low temp? That will seriously slow things down (it's correct practice, but lagers take a long time to ferment b/c of the low temps.)

Anyway.... about the malto dextrin....

That's a body adding, head improving, non fermentable sugar, so.... it might be making your kraeusen a little more "hearty".

-walker

Back