time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beer.jpg

Ok, a few hints rolled into one here. I will NOT be specific with style/substyle/ingredients/etc for the responses because this was the first batch from my new malt mill, which upped my efficiency from 73% to 87%.

There are your hints and good luck (sorry for crappy pic, see above post for why)

Northern altbier.jpg

Ok, a few hints rolled into one here. I will NOT be specific with style/substyle/ingredients/etc for the responses because this was the first batch from my new malt mill, which upped my efficiency from 73% to 87%.

There are your hints and good luck (sorry for crappy pic, see above post for why)

View attachment 31410

So from the clues Im gonna say you ended up darker and higher OG than you expected. So I'll go with an Amber ale.

I do have a thing for amber beers but thats not the answer in this case. And the only barleywine I ever brewed is sitting in my basement stuck at 1.052 for the last 4 months and is awaiting a brett inocculation :D

So from the clues Im gonna say you ended up darker and higher OG than you expected. So I'll go with an Amber ale.

Your logic is on the right track. It it even darker in the first pic than it appears so I decanted some into a wine glass for a better shot.

0808111841.jpg

This came out of the bottle in the first pic so all clues in first post are still valid. Everyone is free to guess again.

The last few beer guesses are getting geographically close!

It was fermented with washed yeast from a mild brown ale.

Everyone is free to guess again since I feel bad that my only beer was a one with an error so it isn't as helpful to identifying styles as it could be!

two easy styles, so i'm going rogue and have to guess both...both have at least 50% 2 row, and both are around 1.05 :D

IMAG00141.jpg

Latest posts

Back