Destihl Vertex IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandyeggoxj

Reaction score
I bought a 4-pack of cans of this today. I cracked one open and immediately realized that I didn't check the date code. damnit! I always check the date on IPA!!!!

Anyway, I couldn't understand the code so I jumped on google and I still can decode it. The production brewery is closed for the weekend I guess. I know that because I called and left a message. So, can anyone help me figure out if this IPA just sucks or if I got an old one? I've had their sours and barrel aged stuff and it was killer. I had high hopes for this beer. :(

Hello I am a brewery rep for DESTIHL. B137 refers to the batch number. The can date is YYMMDD it looks like your can is from October 21 of 14 which is the first time the beer was released in cans. Our recommended shelf life for the beer is 5-6 months, which you are at the tail end of, when the hop flavor and aroma will begin to dissipate. If you have any future questions you can always email us at [email protected] Cheers!

Thanks for the info. I appreciate the follow up. You should change the shelf life. That is far too long. This beer is not worth drinking now. I am kicking myself for not checking first.

You can disregard the message I left Friday night. I have my answer now!

We agree, and we are updating the current shelf life for our "hoppy" brands to 3-4 months. If you don't mind, could you let me know where you purchased the beer? That way we can make sure our distributor in that area is keeping the freshest product on the shelf. Thanks for your feedback!

Thanks so much! I know that we will be canning a fresh batch in a few weeks. If you'd email your address to [email protected] we will send you some fresh Vertex!

I will do that! I am incredibly impressed with that offer. Thank you!

This site wouldn't have had your answer, and you already got one, but I've found this site to be useful for this in the past.

http://freshbeeronly.com/The_Fresh_Beer_List.html

First place I checked! I am usually in the habit of checking dates before I buy and I use that Site. It I probably the best use I get out of my smartphone. When I bought this beer I was pretty distracted and forgot to check until after I tasted it. lesson reinforced!

Latest posts

Back