Is this just asking for trouble?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanh1801

Reaction score
I am wanting to bottle my Apfelwein tonight, I really need the carboy. It has been going for 8 weeks. Has not changed gravity in 2 weeks, but is still bubbling. Also still has positive pressure on the airlock. I don't want to have any bottle bombs. What are your thought, will I have problems if I try and bottle tonight, BTW I am going to carb them.

Thanks for any help. :rockin:

In my experience If the Gravity has not changed that means it has stablized What was the OG when you started, and what is the Final Gravity right now? I would assume right now if the FG has not changed then your Apfelwein will be done

I can't remember what the OG was, not sure where I wrote it down at. Right now its at .90.

Yooper Chick said:
If it's at .990, it's bone dry and done. Safe to bottle, definitely.

Ok, thats what I was thinking, just did not know because of the gas bubbles if that would cause extra pressure.

Thanks for the help guys, now who wants to help me bottle 10 gallons tonight. haha

Back