BYO recipe Belgian wit.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockbrew

Reaction score
Ok i'm brewing this tomorrow and i want to make sure i have my brew day laid out correctly. First I'm cleaning and sanitizing all equipment with PBW and starsan. Then ill bring 2.5 gal to temp and a quart in a separate container. then i'll put all my grains in my grain bag and steep for 45 mins. after that ill take the separate quart and rinse the grains into the brew kettle. Remove the grain bag and add honey and extract syrup. Bring to a boil then then boil for 30 min. add Brewer's gold hops wait 15 to add Styrian Goldings hops. boil another 15 remove from heat and add orange peel and coriander seed leave to steep 30 minutes. and rack to fermenter and top off with clean water to just over 5 gal. and pitch yeast.

Ok that is my attack plan I'm not crushing the grains as it doesn't call for it. The only part that is written weird i think is the boil time it says bring to boil and add hops boil 30 min. add hops boil 15 min. This doesn't mean a 45 min. boil right? cause i'm understanding it as a hour boil add hops at the 30 and 45 mark of the boil. any input is appreciated thanks.

Rinse off the PBW. Don't rinse the star-san

Looks like a 45 min boil to me. You must crack the grains and coriander seed or you will get nothing from them. Just put them on a cookie sheet and roll over them with a can of beans to crack them open--not crush them to powder. You won't have to do anything to the flaked stuff.
Also you want to bring it to a boil, take off the heat, stir in the extract/honey till it's dissolved.

Then put back on the heat, bring to a boil, add brewers gold hops, boil 30mins.
Then add the styrian goldings, boil 15 mins.

Take off heat, add spices. The rest you have right.
Pitch your yeast when the wort is 70F or below.

Ok sounds good thanks for your help. I'll use the LME can to crack the grains. i'm going to try and take some pictures ill post tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back