Keg Setup with interchangeable D Coupler or ball lock coupler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I cant seem to find the answer using the search tool, hopefully some of the vets can help me out here. Im looking to setup my kegerator with an easy changeover fitting to switch between a typical D Coupler back to the ball lock coupler for my cornie keg. I am assuming someone has done this...

MilwaukeeGoiter said:
I cant seem to find the answer using the search tool, hopefully some of the vets can help me out here. Im looking to setup my kegerator with an easy changeover fitting to switch between a typical D Coupler back to the ball lock coupler for my cornie keg. I am assuming someone has done this...

I bought the kit from northern brewer. Works like a charm.

Hi

None of the solutions out there are perfect. 1/4" flare fittings on the Corny keg adapters and conversions to 1/4" flare on the commercial coupler are what I'm using. Not perfect, but good enough.

Bob

Hi

None of the solutions out there are perfect. 1/4" flare fittings on the Corny keg adapters and conversions to 1/4" flare on the commercial coupler are what I'm using. Not perfect, but good enough.

Bob

Agreed, this is the closest thing you'll get to perfect! Though if you didn't plan it this way from the start (1/4" flare on all tubing ends, 1/4" flare on all your disconnects) it'll be a pain to get everything setup initially. But you can swap out the barbs on the Sankey taps for flare fittings.

Agreed, this is the closest thing you'll get to perfect! Though if you didn't plan it this way from the start (1/4" flare on all tubing ends, 1/4" flare on all your disconnects) it'll be a pain to get everything setup initially. But you can swap out the barbs on the Sankey taps for flare fittings.

Hi

My biggest gripe with all these fittings (beer nuts and flare) is dropping the washers as you change things. You go to a lot of trouble to get everything clean and then ... oops ... down it goes into who knows what on the floor.

Bob

Back