Simcoe Replacement

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wedge421

Reaction score
What are you guys using for a Simcoe replacement? Im going to the LBHS tommorow and I am gonna get stuff for a Dogfish Head IPA Clone but it uses Simcoe. I just want to have a backup if they are out of them. Thanks

I don't think there is ANY good substitute for simcoe at all. I mean, there are other hops available, but simcoe is in a class by itself. I ordered my from austinhomebrew.com, I think.

Like Yooper brew said and according to Brew mag. there is no replacement for simcoe. I would go with amarillo as a sub. There is differently a differencd but i am drinking pale ales with both simcoe and amarillo and i think they are in the same league even though you can clearly tell a difference (if that makes any sense).

Yah I may have to just end up ordering them online. My dilema is that I was gonna go to my LBHS tommorow morning for a sunday brew day and pick them up. I was trying to figure out what to get if they didnt have them.

Back