newbie with munton irish stout questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beadhead

Reaction score
Hi guys.

My 1st batch was a Muntons Nut Brown that I just bottled. I sampled it and it seems too sweet but I'll be patient............

Trying to keep things simple so I bought another Muntons kit. (Irish Stout).
I've been reading that these lme kits are not that good. Do you have any recommendations on how to make this kit better?
The directions call for 2.2lbs of sugar. or substitute with spray malt. How much spray malt(dark hopped or light?) :confused:

Bear with me, I'm reading and studying as much as I can, but there is so much to learn

Hi guys.

My 1st batch was a Muntons Nut Brown that I just bottled. I sampled it and it seems too sweet but I'll be patient............

Trying to keep things simple so I bought another Muntons kit. (Irish Stout).
I've been reading that these lme kits are not that good. Do you have any recommendations on how to make this kit better?
The directions call for 2.2lbs of sugar. or substitute with spray malt. How much spray malt(dark hopped or light?) :confused:

Bear with me, I'm reading and studying as much as I can, but there is so much to learn

You will make it better with 2.2# of Dark DME. Dont listen to other people about the kit You make actually enjoy it.

I have the exact kit in primary at the moment, i used 2.2# dextrose and I am sure it will turn out great in the long run.... just gotta wait for it :)

Back