New from Manhattan Beach (LA, CA)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raceskier

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been getting interested in GOOD beer over the past few years with the explosion in micro/craft brews on the market. I travel a little for my work and pleasure, and have gotten to sample some great and not so great brews from around the country. I had heard a little about home brewing, but still had memories of some college buddies making homebrew years ago with exploding bottles and something that looked like a tablespoon of sand in the bottom of each bottle. I think I finally stumbled across some good info on home brewing looking for one of my old favorite beers, that is no longer available locally, Strohs. Anyway, started surfing a bunch of the homebrewing websites, bought a few books and decided it didn't look that difficult. I bought most of my gear on line and found I did have a local HBS that supports a club I subsequently joined, Pacific Gravity. I've done 2 batches of steeped/grain extract brews, one of which I'm drinking. (Mmmm Beer!) Anyway, Im now hooked. This looks like a great site for info and I will be here a lot.

Prost!

Back