What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scottish 'BEE' Heavy by Baumann-Erb's Excellent Refreshment

This is actually a style I don't have a lot of experience with, but I can tell you this is fantastic.

Great ester profile from the Scottish Ale Yeast. Very nice malt, and balanced nicely. This is good stuff Mark!

IMG-20131116-00461.jpg

Started with a 10-fiddy (little boozy, needs a little age), then a FBS, then a Star Hill Pumpkin Porter, Next came a Fat Tire Accumulation, then a leftover Dogfish Festina Peche. Then at least two more FBS's. Oh there was a hot scotchie in there as well.

Bíere de creme now that I've made it home. Got the snr10 dregs pitched in my bíere de Noel. Brew day for the lambic dregs starts in about 8 hrs. Not sure what to do with jp dregs. I kept them separate as I've heard they have a tendency to bully the other bugs and critters. Maybe I'll throw them in bottling bucket with saison tomorrow, although I had planned on using Fantome brett and beer already had handfarm dregs in it.

So far today, a bottle of Orval that was about a year and a half old, and delicious, 2x Hacker Pschorr Oktoberfest, Gaffel Kolsch, and now Blue Mountain Kolsch 151. I'd heard it was good, but hadn't seen it up here yet (but hadn't been looking for it really). Grabbed a 6er. It's not my favorite Kolsch (nowhere near Gaffel or Reissdorf), but better than most American interpretations I've had.

20131116_214839[1].jpg

Tastes like crap. :p
It's pretty good. I think you nailed the right amount of coffee.

Thanks man. Next time I'm going to add some chocolate.

Was there kopi beans used?

My own kopi beans were used lol.

Just some Starbucks coffee my brother gave me.

Im not usually the biggest fan of Bells but this is pretty damn delicious. The cherries give it a nice almost lacto like tartness on top of a good roasty stout.

ForumRunner_20131116_233025.jpg

Latest posts

Back