What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time fir a great beer after a really long horrible day

Sent from a happy little tree

1395557124183.jpg

No. I've done several AG BIAB but that was the first with a proper tun. More different than I expected in some ways, more similar in others. I want to make some big stouts, so saw the move as necessary

Congrats! You'll enjoy it. After one batch I had the same problem you have, now I always add some rice hulls. Cheap insurance!!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Congrats! You'll enjoy it. After one batch I had the same problem you have, now I always add some rice hulls. Cheap insurance!!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Yeah, I learned a lot yesterday. I'm so dim, I started to heat my sparge water in my boil kettle before having "oh, crap, that won't work" moment. I pulled my old aluminum BK out of retirement at that moment.

This morning I went and checked in the ferm chamber. No bubbling...no big deal. Then I looked at my temp controller...59F. Space heater is now next to my open ferm chamber. Always something.

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

Coffee, head hurts a little from yesterday. Starting Double IPAs at 4PM was a bad choice. Not a good idea to session 8.0% beers haha.

Should be brewing right now. Still might be able to get in a batch.

Got behind on the thread again. I skipped over most of the posts. Holy crap do you guys ramble!!

Just found two bottles of my Milk Chocolate stout I brewed almost a year ago! Score!!

<ramble> Now I'm attempting to clean out all my brewing equipment I neglected since last September when I went to OKC. This stuff is freaking disgusting!!! I'm about ready to make a new mashtun and buy a whole new carboy and autosiphon!! There's millions of little "shells" of where these freaking nasty flies hatched and got everywhere. And I mean everywhere! I'm so pissed at myself for forgetting to clean before I left! </ramble>

Just got some good news. My tenants want to buy my house.

Having my Conan/Simcoe black ale.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395592832.108455.jpg

Sent from my mobile device. /rant

My IPA, scored today, a friend gave me an oxy acetylene welder setup, not only a great tool for the garage but I foresee an attachment so no more Burnzomatic O2 tanks at $10 a pop.:rockin:

IMG_2419.jpg

Water after a run. Just realized on Friday that I have a 10K in a month. I haven't done a lot of running lately due to work, weather and sickness.

So I tossed the kid in the stroller and did a 5K. I figure that is like running with one of those weight belts. :) Beer later to celebrate.

Yet another sample of my mo-mo-co pale. Finally stabilized so i can dry hop. Unfortunately i only picked up one of these tiny snifters yesterday, otherwise wes would be getting one. :)

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395599106.473760.jpg

Having some Humalupa to celebrate being done with this project (other than adding 0.2 oz of weight at the inspection point).

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395599658.168746.jpg

My Thought Blocked IPA

Harvester of Sorrow

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395605287.255608.jpg

Latest posts

Back