home brewer's abbreviations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day Brewers.
I thought i'd start a thread to help out all the new brewers out there including my self with abbreviated words. I have seen some ppl use many like OG SG FG BIAB AG.....

I have no idea what some are but ill start it off:
SG- specific gravity
FG- finish gravity
HBT - home brewers talk

Thanks
Sam

"F Ur Face Off" as in,I will fufo the next person that starts an,is this infected/my beer isnt carbed thread.

Right.... Ill remember that one for sure. I won't be starting any of those soon then ;-) i bet i won't find that on wiki either.

I love how people come on to a newbie thread under a newbie category and talk crap about how they hate hearing the same questions. This is the same type of person who would get upset that their kindergartner still can't read a novel. Its called beginner for a reason

One I use a lot (though I'm not the only one) that's usually not listed is: FV (Fermentation Vessel).

I love how people come on to a newbie thread under a newbie category and talk crap about how they hate hearing the same questions. This is the same type of person who would get upset that their kindergartner still can't read a novel. Its called beginner for a reason

Oh, I agree! Except in a case where we've already done the work, like this. We have a wiki, glossary, and threads on acronyms. A new thread with the same info will simply get lost. We have the glossary and the wiki for a reason, and it's simply a great reference. Even the very newest brewers who can't find this thread can benefit from the glossary and wiki- that is why there are there. It'd be sort of silly to post the same info, fragmented (and sometimes incorrect) in multiple places.

Who's complaining? Or talking carp? We're showing the person who evidently didn't know, that the information is already available, and where.

Seems to me the only complaining in this thread is the one complaining about supposed complaining.

Who's complaining? Or talking carp? We're showing the person who evidently didn't know, that the information is already available, and where.

Seems to me the only complaining in this thread is the one complaining about supposed complaining.

I think it might have been the "FUFO" part?

I love talking carp. Giant ones in a lake or two I know in Maryland. Can catch them with corn.

tre9er said:
I love talking carp. Giant ones in a lake or two I know in Maryland. Can catch them with corn.

Corn works great! And bread too. I would take an entire slice of fresh bread, ball it around the hook, cast 'er out, and BAM! Carp on the hook every time... Sometimes catfish too.

Back