electronics kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bklebel

Reaction score
I'm in college and for one of my engineering classes our teacher is having us buy an electronics kit and build it. My question is, what is something that I could build for brewing beer? I've thought about a temperature sensor to regulate fermenting temps. I'm just looking for ideas.

I've seen many designs for a temperature-controlled box for lagering. A thermostat, a heat (or cooling) source (or both). And some insulation. Seems to be an easy enough project for someone with the electronics skills.

Or, perhaps you could build me a robot that will brew beer for me so I can sit on my butt and drink all day! :rockin: Or a robot that can do my job so I don't have to go to work and I can drink all day!

How about a electronically controlled tower blower for kegerators. Design a set up that has the fan blowing cold air up the tower, but shuts off when temperature is met. Design it so all you have to do is hook into the light bulb socket for the power source.
OR....automatic level guage for kegs. Tells you how much volume you have left in the keg. Could use the doppler effect or density changes to determine the levels, or even temperatures.

Ol' Grog said:
How about a electronically controlled tower blower for kegerators. Design a set up that has the fan blowing cold air up the tower, but shuts off when temperature is met. Design it so all you have to do is hook into the light bulb socket for the power source.
OR....automatic level guage for kegs. Tells you how much volume you have left in the keg. Could use the doppler effect or density changes to determine the levels, or even temperatures.

Do those exist? That's a really cool idea....

Back