New Brewer in Douglasville - Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

violinguy

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey there GA brewers! I just finished my first brew day with a BBS kit and I have 1 gallon fermenting. Fun day for sure!

Now, is it true I have to drive all the way to Sandy Springs or Buckhead to get to a LHBS? That's a trek, but if they are good maybe worth it?

Any advice is appreciated! Can't wait for my second batch!!!!

VG:rockin:

Thanks. It's under an hour which is nice. I used to live up that way but, oh well...lol. It'll be nice to get up that way more often. My favorite pizza place is near there (Baby Tommy's on 41).

VG:D

I would recommend Just Brew It in Jonesboro. The owner is unbelievably knowledgeable, has the best selection of grains (base and specialty), the freshest selection of yeast and all the equipment you could ever want. Additionally, the guy used to work as an engineer and machinist before opening his homebrew store, so he can make any type of specialty equipment you want or make modifications to new or existing equipment.

I recently moved to Peachtree Corners and made several trips to a couple of the homebrew supply shops in the area and neither of them came close to Just Brew It. So now, I just call or email Just Brew It and have them ship me all my brewing supplies. They do flat rate shipping for 8.99 and you'll get it the next day.

I would recommend you make a visit in person to check the place out and talk to the owner for a bit (name's Doug)...you won't be disappointed!

http://aardvarkbrewing.com/

I would recommend Just Brew It in Jonesboro. The owner is unbelievably knowledgeable, has the best selection of grains (base and specialty), the freshest selection of yeast and all the equipment you could ever want. Additionally, the guy used to work as an engineer and machinist before opening his homebrew store, so he can make any type of specialty equipment you want or make modifications to new or existing equipment.

I recently moved to Peachtree Corners and made several trips to a couple of the homebrew supply shops in the area and neither of them came close to Just Brew It. So now, I just call or email Just Brew It and have them ship me all my brewing supplies. They do flat rate shipping for 8.99 and you'll get it the next day.

I would recommend you make a visit in person to check the place out and talk to the owner for a bit (name's Doug)...you won't be disappointed!

http://aardvarkbrewing.com/

This place is my recommendation as well. Can't beat it, and ingredient wise, it's all fresh as can because he turns it all over really well, the yeast is always fresh, and his prices are the same or better than online mega stores.

I'm late to the party but there is a spot in Marietta called schoolhouse beer and brewing. Its pretty cool. I plan to go later today cause I need bottles and want a growler of one of their home growns.

Latest posts

Back