What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398636685.796378.jpgit's been a few years since I had one of these

I'm not drinking it right now, but I got may hands on a Heady Topper yesterday. I understand all the hype. It was fantastic. For a while I wasn't even sure I was drinking a beer. It almost tasted like a mango smoothie. I wish I could figure out how to get that much hop aroma/flavor in one of my beers.

Congrats. May have just been talked into a sprint tri in 2 months.

Hah, nice. We just signed up for another half in October. Always seems to be easy to convince me to sign up for races right after another one.

Oh and I found a Flying Dog Road Dog Porter in my dad's fridge. 2011 I think.

Hah, nice. We just signed up for another half in October. Always seems to be easy to convince me to sign up for races right after another one.

Oh and I found a Flying Dog Road Dog Porter in my dad's fridge. 2011 I think.

When my neighbor found I did a 10K, she smooth talked me into a tri with untimed changes. Sigh. She runs halfs and fulls.

That porter might be a week over its best by date.

A carb taster of my Belgian Golden Strong. A month in the bottle, needs more time. Still a bit sweet, hope it mellows with carb. Boil almost done.

1398639014080.jpg

Finally done moving, having my light lager then switching to water, so much dust today it wrecked havoc on me... Thank God I'm almost done Moving, only a few things left at the apartment and I'm done, moving is literally the worst

1398640683826.jpg

Remmy's King Alfred ESB. Really nice work, man. I judged English pale ales at NHC and I've got to say this would easily have made it to mini-BOS and likely would have placed.

Awesome. Cheers.

Alesmith/ Cigar City Collaboration: Ramblin' Rye Brown Ale

Oh, wow. This is great! That really shouldn't be a surprise considering the breweries involved.

image.jpg

Home. The remains of my mead after racking on Friday. Cleared in the fridge. Still hot, but showing potential.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398644256.327689.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398646094.532988.jpg
I love this beer. Lot of outside work done this weekend can't wait to go to work to get a break from it

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I made moonshine, lemonade and mango cocktails. I wish the weekend was not over.

This while putting handles on drawers

I'm curious what do you think of it. I was able to find some and while good I wasn't blown away and I know its a big deal on the East Coast like Hopslam is here in Michigan but I just wasnt blown away like I thought I would be after hearing alot about it. But hey to each their own, friend of mine bought a case he loves it.

I'm curious what do you think of it. I was able to find some and while good I wasn't blown away and I know its a big deal on the East Coast like Hopslam is here in Michigan but I just wasnt blown away like I thought I would be after hearing alot about it. But hey to each their own, friend of mine bought a case he loves it.

It's not bad. Had it a few times. I would buy a six pack if it's available down here.

Lastly having this.

1398651041436.jpg

Good to know. Gonna be a couple weeks at least. Staying down in Austin next weekend.

Again no rush. It got a lot better. Hope yours is carbonated lol. Saison was good. Nice color. Didn't pick up too much blueberry and not much body to it. I enjoyed it but if you are going to brew it again definitely needs a little tweak. What yeast did you use?

My Yarrow Gruit ale. Its gotta be at least 3 yrs now. Lemony tart dry a bit potatoe/vegetably from the pilsner malt, maybe I didn't boil long enough. Single malt, I recall.Used the recipe from the Hombrewers Recipe Guide. Questionable dried yarrow though. Very different yet quenching and summery. Farily sour though. Reminds me of something Ive tried from Majic Hat before. Maybe a lighter tarter lemony version of their dandelion ale.

Bomber of my Düsseldorf Alt after another hard weekend of unpacking and cleaning the old place (officially out tomorrow). Still no internet at the new place though.

Back