Gas line question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iXanadu

Reaction score
From my reading I've formed an opinion that you run the shortest gas lines possible. In my case, I'm tempted to run them in a manner that I can snake them around the walls (see pic). I want to make all of the lines uniform length so I can take any manifold/regulator tap to any keg in the box without swapping the line.

If I do a set-up with shortest length (but adhering to the rule I can reach any keg) makes the lines about 3.5' long. If I do a set-up where the line runs through guides on the collar I could have lines about 6' long.

So do I "route" the lines for neatness, or clip the lines for shortest distance

kegerator-start.jpg

Do whatever you want. Makes no real difference. It should read 'you CAN make your c02 lines as short as possible' IF you want them short that is. Neat is good as it means they are out of the way.

OK, I think your confusing two issues.

The line TO the keg can be any length you want. So you can do what you want with them, i.e., make all the lines long enough to reach the farthest keg.

Personally, I would make these lines "as short as possible" and dedicate a line to a specific keg so it'll be neater inside. Let's see what others recommend. ;)

The line FROM the keg to the faucet is the line that needs to be balanced.

OK, I think your confusing two issues.

The line TO the keg can be any length you want. So you can do what you want with them, i.e., make all the lines long enough to reach the farthest keg.

Personally, I would make these lines "as short as possible" and dedicate a line to a specific keg so it'll be neater inside. Let's see what others recommend. ;)

The line FROM the keg to the faucet is the line that needs to be balanced.

I understand OUT line length, and plan on all 5' lines with mixer widgets to balance the pressure.

My current setup can accommodate 3 separate PSI settings, one directly off of a regulator, and two 4 bank manifolds. I want the line's neat, but I also want the furthest manifold port to be able to reach the furthest keg.

It sounds like the "keep your gas lines short" bits I read, were really meant in contrast to having proper serving line lengths.

Some extra gas line is handy in the event you want to force carb a keg by shaking it w/ the gas connected. You need enough line to remove the keg from the keezer, and set it next to the unit, more or less.

Latest posts

Back