Harrison Area Brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fedora

Glorified Janitor
Reaction score
So I'm digging through the AR forum and it's fairly dead. Conway has a good thread going, but it's not really local to me.

I homebrew and brew at a nano brewpub in Harrison. A local health food store is in the process of becoming a grain/ homebrew supplier.

Most of the time I feel like I live on a brewing island. I know there are some brewers around, so let's get some conversation going here. Harrison, rural NWA. This is our spot.

Slainte
Kenny

What nano do you brew at? I might like to stop on my way to Branson sometime.

Good luck with the thread, I had the Conway one started forever before someone finally replied, and when they did I had to put my glasses on to make sure I wasn't seeing things, so don't give up!

Yea it's kind of a shot in the dark. I've met a couple of homebrewers in the area but would like to get an informal club or just meet up type thing going, via HBT. My home and brewery are always open for get togethers.

The guy at the health food store I mentioned is a member here but not really active. He's a busy man.

I brew at Brick Oven Pizza Co. in Harrison. Hit me up if you're coming through and I'll try to be there for a beer. I generally am only there on the weekends. Part time gig. I work another job to pay the bills.

There are a few of us in Branson that brew. It does feel like there isn't near as many Brewers as in Springfield. There are a bunch up there.

Howdy from across the state! Last year I had a similar issue, wanting to hang out with homebrewers and chat, but having nowhere to start. Now I have a club that's about 30 members strong and lots of brew buddies!

If Harrison is anything like Jonesboro (which is pretty much rural NEA), you are going to have to actually get out in the world to meet these folks - HBT is sadly not enough. Start up a Facebook page, make an email group, just organize it somehow. If the nanobrewery and/or health good store let you, put up signs for a club and ask them to tell people about it. Word will spread.

Good luck! And if you're out by Jonesboro, you're always welcome to hang with us brewers!

Howdy from across the state! Last year I had a similar issue, wanting to hang out with homebrewers and chat, but having nowhere to start. Now I have a club that's about 30 members strong and lots of brew buddies!

If Harrison is anything like Jonesboro (which is pretty much rural NEA), you are going to have to actually get out in the world to meet these folks - HBT is sadly not enough. Start up a Facebook page, make an email group, just organize it somehow. If the nanobrewery and/or health good store let you, put up signs for a club and ask them to tell people about it. Word will spread.

Good luck! And if you're out by Jonesboro, you're always welcome to hang with us brewers!
Howdy lostcheesehead! Thanks for stopping by our little ol thread. Good to hear your brew community is going strong. I'll let you know if get over your way.

You've got the right idea about flyers and such. Already in the works. The new LBHS is supposed to have his first order in today. Waiting on him to call so I can help unload it.

He mentioned something about setting up some homebrew classes and I volunteered my time to help or even teach the classes. I do not claim to be any kind of authority on brewing but I think I could walk a group of beginners through their first extract brew. Hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew. Lol.

Cheers from the hills!

I like brewing extract. You don't have to worry as much about stuck sparg or anything like that, but I do like the cleaner taste of all grain. I started a 5 gallon batch of skeeter pee. I've never had any, but it sounds good a refreshing for summer. I've got a tank 7 clone to brew maybe next weekend. Have any of you guys done or tried skeeter pee?

I like brewing extract. You don't have to worry as much about stuck sparg or anything like that, but I do like the cleaner taste of all grain. I started a 5 gallon batch of skeeter pee. I've never had any, but it sounds good a refreshing for summer. I've got a tank 7 clone to brew maybe next weekend. Have any of you guys done or tried skeeter pee?

Sorry I missed your post BB. Never made the Skeeter Pee, but it's on the list. Probably will pitch a batch onto the yeast cake from my next batch of cider. What yeast did you use. I've read it takes an over pitch to fight the preservatives in the lemon juice.

All grain is definitely superior but I still brew extract at home. I sold off my all grain system when I was working on the road ( pipeline) a couple years ago. Working up a BIAB setup now.

So the LHBS just got his first order in today. It was delayed because of the weather. Just basic stuff. Some starter kits and recipe kits. Basic misc. equipment. Some kegging supplies. He will be placing an order once a week and will order anything at customers' request to keep inventory to a minimum.

It's located inside Prairie Foods in the Fashion Center Mall parking lot, off Industrial Park Road.

We will be ordering all our supplies for the brewery through him as well. We placed a large order to get him going so for your viewing pleasure, a veritable shizz ton of grain and hops. Happiness is a well stocked brewery. Slainte!

IMG_20150305_134641.jpg

IMG_20150305_140558.jpg

NWA brewer here.
Down in Fayetteville they have a monthly club meeting on the 3rd thursday each month. I'm not too keen on the 2 hour round trip drive, especially the return trip with the way the road pirates (cops) are around here.
Am hoping to get a club going up in Benton county but it's not looking so good as how as one of the only 2 homebrew shops in the county is shutting down due to lack of business.

Sorry I missed your post BB. Never made the Skeeter Pee, but it's on the list. Probably will pitch a batch onto the yeast cake from my next batch of cider. What yeast did you use. I've read it takes an over pitch to fight the preservatives in the lemon juice.

All grain is definitely superior but I still brew extract at home. I sold off my all grain system when I was working on the road ( pipeline) a couple years ago. Working up a BIAB setup now.

So the LHBS just got his first order in today. It was delayed because of the weather. Just basic stuff. Some starter kits and recipe kits. Basic misc. equipment. Some kegging supplies. He will be placing an order once a week and will order anything at customers' request to keep inventory to a minimum.

It's located inside Prairie Foods in the Fashion Center Mall parking lot, off Industrial Park Road.

We will be ordering all our supplies for the brewery through him as well. We placed a large order to get him going so for your viewing pleasure, a veritable shizz ton of grain and hops. Happiness is a well stocked brewery. Slainte!

Fedora, I ordered at kit from Apex brew supplies in KC. It has a wine yeast. The abv should be high, there is 8 lbs of sugar. I pitched about 2 days ago and the lock is going crazy. I asked my wife if I could make an order like in your pics, she said if ordered that much brew supplies, she would kill me..lol

NWA brewer here.
Down in Fayetteville they have a monthly club meeting on the 3rd thursday each month. I'm not too keen on the 2 hour round trip drive, especially the return trip with the way the road pirates (cops) are around here.
Am hoping to get a club going up in Benton county but it's not looking so good as how as one of the only 2 homebrew shops in the county is shutting down due to lack of business.

Hey Paps, seen you around the forum. Didn't realize you were so close. Yea, the Fayetteville club is farther than I wanna go as well. Trying to get something going in Harrison. Let me know if you are interested. If nothing else, let me know if you're over this way and we'll have a beer.

Last edited:
Fedora, I ordered at kit from Apex brew supplies in KC. It has a wine yeast. The abv should be high, there is 8 lbs of sugar. I pitched about 2 days ago and the lock is going crazy. I asked my wife if I could make an order like in your pics, she said if ordered that much brew supplies, she would kill me..lol

Lol. Yea would probably not go over so well at my house either. My wife is very supportive of my brewing though.

I'll be brewing 2-3 batches of IPA at work this weekend. Haven't brewed many IPA s so it should be fun. Not my favorite style but the owner wants me to develop a recipe so I mean to deliver.

Some brew day pictures for you guys. Two consecutive batches of IPA. Thirteen gallons each.

59 pounds of grain. Half shown.
The mash.
Hops. 1 1/4 pounds total.
The chill.
In the fermenters.

And beer time after a long day. Brick Oven Pale Ale. Cheers, ya hillbillies!

IMG_20150307_105256.jpg

IMG_20150307_105424.jpg

IMG_20150307_111509.jpg

IMG_20150307_132729.jpg

IMG_20150307_164815.jpg

IMG_20150307_165719.jpg

Back