Cheddar bay biscuits?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unionrdr

Homebrewer, author & air gun collector
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just a lil bit ago, I was watching Cooking With Jack ( Jack on the Go). He showed the making of this mix Red Lobster sells to make their cheddar bay biscuits with added cheddar. Looked pretty good, fine. Then I thought about Todd Wilbur's version I tried from his first book or two ( Restaurant Secrets). So I was reading the comments, & this person that works there says they're made with Bisquick, shredded cheddar & water. Then top with melted butter to which parsley, garlic & Italian seasoning have been added. I figured it had to be something simple & quick to assemble on the go. I'll be giving it a try soon, just thought I'd pass it on...:ban:

I also like some Parmesan cheese in the biscuit mix... I make these all the time and feel it adds a little something.

Bisquick, cheddar, parmesan, water. Brush on the butter/herb/spice mix when they're done cooking.

Good stuff, never tried the RL branded mix.

We've bought those packets of mix a long time back and they are awesome! So quick and easy.

Never made the bisquick version, but I do have Bisquick at home...

We've bought those packets of mix a long time back and they are awesome! So quick and easy.

Never made the bisquick version, but I do have Bisquick at home...

It's so stupid easy... go for it. They really do taste pretty close to the real thing. If you use old bay for the seasoning mix in the butter (instead of parsley), they are spot on.

Hm, that sounds interesting, Old Bay, garlic & Italian seasoning. Logical with seafood. Get out on the piers & catch some perch & white bass to go with'em, breaded of course.

Back