Ebay SSR

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unscrew and remove the whole 1/2" threaded section and look in the tip where the probe pokes through. There is a tiny o ring that is what seals. I used my system today with these probes and there were no leaks at all on any probes. To move the spring twist it. it comes off very easy.

Just received the probe in the mail. Holy crap - seems like its built like a tank. I expected some kind of flimsy cord covering but it seems very well made.

I will report back once I get my PID installed and figure out how to wire this thing

so i wired it up - I have an omega pid and the probe is reading a few degrees high. I think i need to work out the settings on the pid.

with some help from Omega controls customer service engineers I was able to get the PID and RTD to match up - I also got the PID to play nicely with the SSR and I got everything done in my control panel except cutting the hold for the PID itself - which scares me a bit but I am going to go try it - my panel is just a cheap plastic tool box so worst case I have to get another one.

Just a question, why omega instead of the auber?
Also to cut the hole, I marked it out, drilled a hole in each corner then used a dremel to cut. Use a file to clean it up and get the corners square.

Just a question, why omega instead of the auber?
Also to cut the hole, I marked it out, drilled a hole in each corner then used a dremel to cut. Use a file to clean it up and get the corners square.

why omega? I got two omega PID's on here for 8 bucks each with the same capabilities as an auber pid. I haven't run the system yet - almost got the whole thing together in the panel - now I need to put all the fittings on my keggles tomorrow.

yeah - I was a bit worried as they were so cheap - until tonight I wasn't sure they would even turn on. But the unit i built into my panel runs the ssr and gets a good read from the probe - hopefully Saturday I will give the system its premier run through. .

they are stupid expensive though - I got a cn76020 model and a micromega controller - really pricey new - around 200. not sure why i got mine so cheap but I am happy so far.

Latest posts

Back