Happy Birthday to Me! 1st Batch Tasting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtymartini

Reaction score
After 10 days in the primary (I didn't have a secondary yet) and 16 days in bottles I thought I would treat myself on today, my birthday, with a sample of my first batch. I think it turned out pretty good, I'm happy with the taste and aroma. I do some to have a lot of head, I don't know if I over carbonated or not, but haven't had any bottles explode yet

It was supposed to be something similar to Arrogant Bastard, I don't think it's close but very happy I'm able to drink my first batch! I can't wait for the next batch...and the next etc!!!

!!!
124262058-M.jpg

Very nice! And happy birthday, too.

Isn't making your own beer great? We were at my company's Christmas party last night- they were serving wine coolers, Miller Lite, and MGD. I drank a couple of MGDs and waited for the drawing (must be present to win). I listened to the band for a while, won $64, and then headed home to drink GOOD beer. I can't believe that just a few years ago that MGD was drinkable to me. Now, the best beer in town is at home. Yes, I've turned into quite a beer snob.....

Welcome to the obsession and congrats on your first beer!

yes, it sure is! My husband's Christmas party was last week.

I think what happened was this: Right before Christmas, everyone is so busy. The kids have band concerts, orchestra concerts, and of course Christmas parties and most kids are involved in that or sports (basketball, especially). The parents go wherever the kids go so the parties weren't really well attended. So a few years ago, the hospital decided to have the party after the holidays to get better attendance. It worked, and we've been having the parties as late as February (one time was a Mardi Gras party). My husband's employer started doing that, too, and now we have all of our Christmas parties AFTER the holidays. It's kind of nice, because we don't do as much in January and it's nice to go have a great dinner, some music, and some socializing in the dead of winter.

Again, happy birthday and enjoy your beer.

Lorena

Back